Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Natural Fit rims

Natural Fit rims

I am in the process of ordering a new chair.....are Natural Fit rims really worth the money?

Depends. I like how my hands don't hurt when I use mine and how my chair handles, but don't like the weight they add. I haven't tried the LX version yet, just the original.

Take this for what it is worth...but my DME stated if you are active they do not hold up well. I have no idea if that is true because I do not have them...but I figured the more information you have the better.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I'm really active. Absolutely 100% they are worth every penny. Less pain in hands, wrists and so much more control over the chair. The LT ones aren't that heavy either. Although they're meant for smaller hands. I'd recommend them. Best $300 I've ever spent bar-none!
    I'm Sam.

My demo chair had standard aluminum pushrims. I tried NF's on a new chair for several minutes and loved them, so I ordered them on my Z. I have been using them now since last October and love them. I got the super grip, which isn't so super. If I had it to over again I would get the NF's with standard grip. I have some dysmetria, so the standard grips are harder for me to find on fly than NF's. I've read that some women with fingernails don't like them, but I keep my nails short. I don't hop curbs, so my wheels don't see heavy action. To me they are well worth the added weight (1# I think). Hope that helps.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Lo and behold - a woman with NF's and fingernails . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thank you everyone so much this helps alot. I am very active and was wondering if they would help me. what other suggestions to you have i am very interested in the free wheel also

I've had mine for maybe 18 months now...love them. As to the DME saying they don't hold up - not sure where he was coming from. They're just big metal tubs, not a lot to go wrong or wear out.

They can get nicked up a bit, but same goes for standard rims. If I feel a little bur sticking out, I usually just get up a bit of speed so the wheels are spinning fast, then hold one of my car keys against the rim until the bur gets clipped off. Not sure why I shared that, but there ya go.

can you tape them like you can the front of the chair?

Quote Originally Posted by dispatchjen View Post
    I am in the process of ordering a new chair.....are Natural Fit rims really worth the money?
    I have two pairs, one regular and set of the LT's (narrower and lighter). I couldn't use either. They caused me some real pain in my forearms, it was bad. I like the idea of Natural Fit's, that why I bought one and tried again with another but they don't work for me.

Are they worth the money, if you can use them then I would say definitely. Follow the directions when you install them. It's pretty easy, just some tab bending. Good luck.