Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anal irrigation question

Just an update... Husband has been using home made devise for 2 months. He was having 3 to 5 bowel accidents a WEEK and now is having 1 a month. So far it is the only thing that has helped him. I am so grateful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newbee View Post
    Just an update... Husband has been using home made devise for 2 months. He was having 3 to 5 bowel accidents a WEEK and now is having 1 a month. So far it is the only thing that has helped him. I am so grateful!!!

What are the specific components that make up your homemade device?

I'm still using the Peristeen and getting reliable results, but the system is not robustly constructed. The connectors are flimsy and the plastic reservoir bag is prone to leaks and blisters. It could be made from better quality, longer lasting components probably for not much more money, but that doesn't figure into their business plan of repeat, insurance-reimbursed sales.

what's wrong with Peristeen

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I would not recommend the presteen or anything similar to it. That is my opinion. I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you and your husband. So given that you have tried what sounds like quite a few options, see if you can use this. Try to instill the least amount of liquid that you can to get results. Instill it slowly. And see how long your husband can hold it. Give it a few days try before abandoning it.

If you have any other question, feel free to ask.
    CKF
    I've been hearing a lot about Peristeen and know one person who uses it every day and is very happy with it. Could you tell me why you would not recommend it? Is it too aggressive? Does it create dependency? Thanks in advance.