Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introducing StepAhead Australia

Oh, did you closely read the results from Project 1?

do you mean the part about "moderate" improvement? I guess I just like them for some reason
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

That's nearly a year away. They'd be lining up speakers for next year with an eye on the most promising research being brought forward. A whole lot can happen in a year! Australia appears to only have 2 projects to complete by this next year. Nerve graft and scaffold.

MP gave their Schwann cells this year.
    Case Western gave nerve graft.
    Invivo gave scaffolding.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 11-11-2011 at 08:11 PM.

i was just thinking that asking about them to be invited a long time before the working2walk is better than a short time before... So they have adequate time to prepare... They haven't been made to present and they propose to have good claims
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

http://www.stepahead.org.au/media/pd...ter%202011.pdf

http://www.stepahead.org.au/media/pd...ing%202011.pdf

Their next two newsletters. I am considering going to their meetings on November 30th and December 1st. Hoping malthouse might go along if i can't make it

Have not been well lately ( plumbing issues ) but will try hard to be there. If you make the trip Christopher I would very much like to say hello!

I hope Zoki or Christphor Paddon or someone else can attend this presentation and report back to us as I am booked in to the Austin Hospital on the 30th and will be there at least overnight. If I get out on the 1st I will try and attend but will obviously have missed the first day and will probably have a darned tube hanging out of me.

The nonpr who ofit SCS in Australia is independent of SCS in America. I am a chapter head in SCS America and those who want to maintain current awareness of SCS trials and experiments in America should subscribe to the newsletter for $30 per year. SCS in other countries should have equivalent newsletters, etc. but I do not know that for a fact. Do not be surprised if the applicable chronic cure occurs first outside the US. I have written before about why that will be so, so don't be surprised.
    Futurewalker

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Oh, did you closely read the results from Project 1?
    hBMSC transplantation markedly improved function and morphological recovery - interesting

did they actually do anything in people? - they kept talking about animals

decorin didn't make much difference which seemed to bother them more than the fact that hBMSC transplantation had a positive effect

I often don't understand papers of this kind (even simple ones) and I think you have to be an expert to understand what the significance really is

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    I often don't understand papers of this kind (even simple ones) and I think you have to be an expert to understand what the significance really is
    oh, ok.