Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $200 for ADI carbon fiber seat mounting hardware !!!

Quote Originally Posted by yanfay26 View Post
    BRASWELLF5, mind to share your design with some pictures. Me too considering just buy ADI seat without its mounting hardware and might try Toto's design of using velcro but would be glad to see how's your design as well. Might save this $200 for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRASWELLF5 View Post
    3/16 thick
    Well, i don`t know how ADI seat is made,could be made with layers of fiber glass inside for reduce cost, but with that thickness if is 100% CF don`t need hardware unless you are a very heavy guy.

Mine is thinner 4.4mm and by strips, without any hardware and i don`t have any problems with them, i`m 170lbs with 15.35" seat width.
    Last edited by totoL1; 05-01-2011 at 06:07 AM.

I dont have a chair yet but going to order Tilite ZRA2 soon and seat width will be 16". I guess my weight now should be around 180 pound.
    Have no idea ADI carbon seat is 100% carbon fiber or not.

I dont have a chair yet but going to order Tilite ZRA2 soon and seat width will be 16". I guess my weight now should be around 180 pound.
    Have no idea ADI carbon seat is 100% carbon fiber or not.
    You could go without hardware no problem with that seat width.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Well, i don`t know how ADI seat is made,could be made with layers of fiber glass inside for reduce cost, but with that thickness if is 100% CF don`t need hardware unless you are a very heavy guy.

Mine is thinner 4.4mm and by strips, without any hardware and i don`t have any problems with them, i`m 170lbs with 15.35" seat width.
    Is it your new box frame wheelchair? color defference.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    Is it your new box frame wheelchair? color defference.
    Yes, here is the thread if you didn`t see it.

This is the mounting hardware. Its purpose is to hold down the seat with four screws to keep it in place. Apart from this, does it serve any other purposes? Does this hardware support some of the user's weight when he sits on it ??

I just bolted on on like the stock seat pan did.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Is that the ADI carbon seatpan? I already ditched the plan to get the ADI, $200 for the hardware, I rather get a DragonPlate. I will instead follow totoL1's design or more accurate, Erick[RB]'s.

I won't bolted the seatpan on the frame coz as mentioned by totoL1, better have some flex for the seat with velcro attach as bolted on seat may cause some hairline crack overtime.

Is that the ADI carbon seatpan? I already ditched the plan to get the ADI, $200 for the hardware, I rather get a DragonPlate. I will instead follow totoL1's design or more accurate, Erick[RB]'s.

I won't bolted the seatpan on the frame coz as mentioned by totoL1, better have some flex for the seat with velcro attach as bolted on seat may cause some hairline crack overtime.
    Yes, its an ADI. I did not use the hardwear either. The bolt holes in the frame were already there so I just used them.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97