Thread: SCI Spouse Study

SCI Spouse Study

Hello,

My name is Benjamin Hayes and I am C4/C5 quadriplegic. Married for five years, I was injured a little over three years ago. I have a 3 1/2-year-old daughter with which my wife and I enjoy every day. Of the many things in my life, including working full-time and chasing down my three-year-old daughter, I am a graduate student at the University of Southern Maine studying health policy and administration in the Muskie Institute of Public Policy. As a semester project I am studying the health impact of SCI injuries on the spouse of the survivor. That said, I am looking for a few spouses to share their experiences/needs as part of my research study. I have attached a list of sample questions as well as an informed consent form to this post to provide more background information. Although my focus is specific to Maine, I am not limiting my research to just spouses in Maine.

Please let me know if you are willing to participate. Perhaps, this will generate a thread regarding what are the needs of a SCI spouse that often go unmet and effect health status?

Please post, as required, the contact information for the human subjects review board that approved this study, as well as this method for subject recruitment, and who and how to contact them for filing any complaints about the ethical conduct of this study. We require this for any of these types of surveys posted on this forum.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by beihayes View Post
    Hello,

My name is Benjamin Hayes and I am C4/C5 quadriplegic. Married for five years, I was injured a little over three years ago. I have a 3 1/2-year-old daughter with which my wife and I enjoy every day. Of the many things in my life, including working full-time and chasing down my three-year-old daughter, I am a graduate student at the University of Southern Maine studying health policy and administration in the Muskie Institute of Public Policy. As a semester project I am studying the health impact of SCI injuries on the spouse of the survivor. That said, I am looking for a few spouses to share their experiences/needs as part of my research study. I have attached a list of sample questions as well as an informed consent form to this post to provide more background information. Although my focus is specific to Maine, I am not limiting my research to just spouses in Maine.

Please let me know if you are willing to participate. Perhaps, this will generate a thread regarding what are the needs of a SCI spouse that often go unmet and effect health status?
    There are several threads on this site about caregiver stress, burn out, etc. There is in fact an entire forum dedicated to "Caregivers."

All the best,
    GJ