Thread: Quickie Q7 add color

Quickie Q7 add color

just got a Q7 and want to add a little more color espically upholstery, any one have ideas or seen stuff out there to buy to add to the chair to spice it up a little?
    thanks

Bike handlebar 'tape' can add some color to the frame. I've actually gone the other way- took the color off my anodized parts and clear coated the silver. Been adding color through spokes/tires. Interested to hear ideas on the upholstry.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRing View Post
    Bike handlebar 'tape' can add some color to the frame. I've actually gone the other way- took the color off my anodized parts and clear coated the silver. Been adding color through spokes/tires. Interested to hear ideas on the upholstry.
    Hi BlueRing,

Congrats! for your ongoing triumph over nicotine (I've been watching your tally of smoke-free days rise as I've read your posts helping other folks).

Definitely some n00b questions - what did you use to clear coat the silver and where did you purchase it? After you removed the color, did you have to treat the surface before applying the clear coat? What did you apply the clear coat with - brush, aerosol can/spray? How many clear coat applications and if more than one, how much wait time before the next application? Thanx.
    Do not confuse silence with consent or fatigue for indifference.