Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shower chair! Help I am Tiny!

Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    Megha,

Just approximately, what is your budget for a shower chair? Keep in mind that shipping to India from the US can be quite expensive by itself. There are numerous manufacturers in China, however, I am not familiar with their system of distribution outside of the US.

r
    My ideal budget is between $100-$200. I asked this question here, because many foreign companies have opened their offices in India and I can purchase them from here. But so far, none of the companies that I am aware of have shower chairs. So, I am looking for good companies' names which provide these chairs.
    Looks like my search is no taking me anywhere.

You might have some trouble finding a shower chair that meets your requirements at that price. But it looks like you already know that.

Why these things are so damn expensive? Do manufacturers think we get a personal money tree as soon as we are confined to a wheelchair? These people should be sued....

A normal manual Otto Bock wheelchair too starts from $600! Are you kidding me?????

did you check adaptive mall? or pediatric eshop?
    Aspergers,hypotonic CP, Autonomic Issues.

Disney OBSESSED family

Quote Originally Posted by Megha View Post
    Why these things are so damn expensive? Do manufacturers think we get a personal money tree as soon as we are confined to a wheelchair? These people should be sued....

A normal manual Otto Bock wheelchair too starts from $600! Are you kidding me?????
    If there's a "medical label" attached to it, the price skyrockets because they know you need it. My TiLite, bought through a DME, was at least 60% higher than Sportaid's price. Everybody wants a piece of the pie. No wonder insurance premiums are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by vtran96 View Post
    If there's a "medical label" attached to it, the price skyrockets because they know you need it. My TiLite, bought through a DME, was at least 60% higher than Sportaid's price. Everybody wants a piece of the pie. No wonder insurance premiums are ridiculous.
    Its worse here. I live in India and since I have this problem by birth, no medicare covers me. And since i come from a comparatively rich family, I also dont qualify for govt. aid.

I have to purchase everything on market price.

http://www.spinlife.com/Nova-Drop-Ar...roductID=70678

I've had this chair for a few months. As you can see from the photo it comes with a solid seat that fits over the commode seat! Before that I used a children's molded plastic outdoor armchair.