Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shower chair! Help I am Tiny!

I have a friend in BC who owns a DME Store. He has his benches and chairs custommade by a guy up there. I'm sure he could be of help. Great qualioty and many versions. His specialty is custim sizes.

I live in the States and do business thru him so it wouldn't be a problem. He's at Advanced Mobility in Vancouver BC, Canada

Here's Dave's info. Give him my name.

Email: l
    dave.elder@advancedmobility.ca

Work Phone: 604-293-0002
    Fax: 604-293-0005

There are plenty of shower chairs for children all the way down to infant size. I'm sure if you are a "child sized" adult, one of them will work.

try here:

http://www.adaptivemall.com/lecbatandsho.html
    Aspergers,hypotonic CP, Autonomic Issues.

Disney OBSESSED family

Do you need a just shower chair or a shower/commode chair? Also, do you need one with large wheels so you can maneuver it yourself or will your Mom be assisting you? I find the E&J shower commode chair works best for me. Most other chairs have a slot in the front part of the seat and my legs tend to slip through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Megha View Post
    I am planning to purchase a shower chair for myself. But the problem is that most such wheelchairs are for adults and are quite big and have a hole in the seat.

I am not a child by age, (I am 26) but my body is very small. I am quite tiny in width and height and i am sure that in a normal shower chair, I am going fall right through the hole Which, lets face it, won't be pretty!

So i was thinking a smaller shower chair that's made for kids will be more appropriate for me.

What do you think? Are there any such chair available?
    Megha,

Are you able to transfer from your chair? I use a long shower bench with a very sturdy and comfortable back. I am able to use if alone, transfer back and forth to shower. Works great for me.

Dud

I am unable to transfer myself, but can maneuver the chair myself.

I also don't think I would need a chair that can go on the commode because I sit on it without a problem. A normal chair waterproof chair will be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I have a friend in BC who owns a DME Store. He has his benches and chairs custommade by a guy up there. I'm sure he could be of help. Great qualioty and many versions. His specialty is custim sizes.

I live in the States and do business thru him so it wouldn't be a problem. He's at Advanced Mobility in Vancouver BC, Canada

Here's Dave's info. Give him my name.

Email: l
    dave.elder@advancedmobility.ca

Work Phone: 604-293-0002
    Fax: 604-293-0005
    Thanks. But i need to know a company that ships internationally. I am in India, so this will be difficulty. Thank you so much for all the trouble you went through

Notrouble at all Megha. I trust you will get that tiny showechair in ni time flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Megha View Post
    I am unable to transfer myself, but can maneuver the chair myself.

I also don't think I would need a chair that can go on the commode because I sit on it without a problem. A normal chair waterproof chair will be perfect!
    The E&J shower chair can be had with a solid vinyl seat (no donut hole):

http://www.sportaid.com/e-j-shower-w...irs-and-parts/

I'm assuming you transfer from your everyday chair to the toilet, back to your chair, then to a shower bench/chair, yes? Or do you have a roll in shower?

Quote Originally Posted by vtran96 View Post
    The E&J shower chair can be had with a solid vinyl seat (no donut hole):

http://www.sportaid.com/e-j-shower-w...irs-and-parts/

I'm assuming you transfer from your everyday chair to the toilet, back to your chair, then to a shower bench/chair, yes? Or do you have a roll in shower?
    Thanks. But these chairs are quite expensive Will continue my search.

I transfer from my chair to the toilet and use a bench for the shower. I was thinking that it would be a good idea to maneuver myself around my bathroom, which is quite big.

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Megha,

Just approximately, what is your budget for a shower chair? Keep in mind that shipping to India from the US can be quite expensive by itself. There are numerous manufacturers in China, however, I am not familiar with their system of distribution outside of the US.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere