Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Dr. Says God is mad at me and thats why I have pain O.0

Heard all kinds of this mentality re: the whole sphill but never from a medical professional. That's bull-poo.

Quote Originally Posted by barondidit View Post
    Ummmmmm YEA...
    I started to see a new GP, she does not practice pain meds, and I knew this, I just needed a new gp. I have another Dr. doing my pain meds. I told her my whole story ect. I swear that she told me that God was mad at me for something....maybe not for something currently, but in the past. THAT is why i have pain....This a "regular" gp, not from a clinic affiliated with and church or anything. She wants me to say the "lords prayer" many times a day. "I am a sinner, please forgive me for my sins". I was pretty shocked at this. I was nice to her as she was very nice to me and wrote out many referrals that I needed for a new neuro doc, sleep studies, ect. She didnt know what a physiatrist was though?....said i would have to find one and she would write out a referral for that too.
    Like, I believe in God, I pray and stuff. Im kind of against organized religion for some personal issues. I have prayed many times for my pain to go away, or get better. It makes me feel better, but has had NO effect on my neuro pain.
    geesh...Im SURE the pain has nothing to do with getting shot 5 times , my t10 shattered and my cord severed by a hot .45.
    Is this lady crazy?
    I feel like asking her for some of the meds she is on .(crack?)...they MIGHT make me feel a lil better....ya know? what would jesus do and all that?
    You SO need to find another doctor. She sounds like a total nut job, and it is very disconcerting to think that someone made it through medical school and still thinks pain is deserved. She should be flipping burgers somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by barondidit View Post
    I dont know what she told him but he immediately walked around the back of my chair and started pushing me out of the office and down the hall. When I tried to stop at the payment desk, he kept pushing and almost knocked me out of my chair. He said there was no need to pay, and a few days later I got a discharge letter from them.
    Incredible. I would probably be arrested if anyone did that to me. I hope you complained!

This would bother me more than the religious kooks!

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Sh1wn View Post
    That's crazy, I don't think I could hold my self together long enough the finish the appointment.
    It's not only florida where its hard to get pain meds I have had a hell of a time getting them from my GP, wanting to barely give me enough for a month, and its not like I could be abusing them because I have to get my caregiver (mom) to give them to me and she don't let me cheat.
    I think I got him straightened out now, I almost had to go on hospice just to get pain meds!
    Not to long ago our neighbors husband went on hospice and they sent a nurse out, she started out by giving them a bunch of church hand outs and asking if they were saved, then she told him that they were going to stop coming out unless he quit smoking!
    She even took his smokes away and had started to gather up the ash tray when they told her to get the hell out of there house and not come back.
    Yea, she also said that I HAD to stop smoking by the next visit. Ive been trying, and cut down A LOT. It has been very difficult to stop all the way though. Like Im supposed to just magically stop because she "said so".

As far as the medication thing, I think this is REALLY sad. Many of us are Chronic Pain Patients, we deserve to be in less pain if its possible. There MUST be some kind of organization that helps people with chronic pain and the Dr's that are scared to prescribe. I remember seeing someone on here that was part of such a group. I forget who or what it was though. Does anyone know????
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    Incredible. I would probably be arrested if anyone did that to me. I hope you complained!

This would bother me more than the religious kooks!
    No, I didnt complain. I guess i have a hard time standing up for myself since becoming SCI or something. Instead, They "complained" and I was ejected. Now, I have that on "my record"...which doesn't always look so good to a new Dr.

As far as chronic pain patient help... I did just find these sites.
    Ill be checking into them
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/health...-get-help.aspx

Baron...
    an
    I think you have a magnet that attracts crazy people/doctors LOL

I have never heard of such crazy shit.

I had a physiatrist once that was more interested in the current book I was reading in her office though. She was a quack. She was the doctor at the rehabilitation hospital I was sent to when I first had my accident. If I had connected the name when they made the appointment with her I would not have wasted my time. It was a wasted appointment.

I agree with what the nurse said. That doctor has a standard to uphold. Unless she is affiliated with some religious hospital and you are an agreed participant she is violating some standards. Report her.

Well I am going to wish you luck again!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

holy cow

holy convoluted thinking!