Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Dr. Says God is mad at me and thats why I have pain O.0

ha, batshit crazy. thats great....

If I went to a provider who said that to me, I would be looking for another PCP that day. It is very unprofessional, and I would question her competence in other issues as well. I would also file a complaint with the Medical Staff office of the hospital concerned, your insurance company (for contracting with her) and the county and state medical licensing boards.

Just because a physician is licensed does not mean they are good, competent or even sane. Physicians protect their own, and while complaints may get filed, it is rare that a physician has their licensed revoked.

Ask your other physicians for a referral to another primary care physician. Ask nurses that you know for a recommendation too. Get an internist (internal medicine) or family practice physician, not a GP. A GP has medical school and only one year as an intern before they start practicing. They have no board certification. An internist or family practice physician will have had at least 3 years of residency in addition, and must continue their education to maintain their board certification.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Just because a physician is licensed does not mean they are good, competent or even sane. Physicians protect their own, and while complaints may get filed, it is rare that a physician has their licensed revoked.
    This goes for psychologists and social workers as well. Do yourself a favor and do a 15 minute check on your state's licensing and disciplinary websites before you receive services from any provider. You'd be shocked who you might be entrusting your most personal information and vulnerabilities to sometimes.

I would bet that many people spend more time trying to vett their auto mechanic or home improvement contractors than their medical providers.
    Last edited by Patton57; 04-27-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    If I went to a provider who said that to me, I would be looking for another PCP that day. It is very unprofessional, and I would question her competence in other issues as well. I would also file a complaint with the Medical Staff office of the hospital concerned, your insurance company (for contracting with her) and the county and state medical licensing boards.

(KLD)
    I was going to suggest this, but thought it might be a bit excessive. However, if a nurse is suggesting it, then you may have cause to raise this issue with proper authorities if your claim is completely accurate.

Ill have to do a little more investigation to make sure, but im pretty sure she IS a family practice physician. Least thats what the place is called....Family Practice at XXXX...
    Yea I will be finding another Dr. and filing some complaints now that I have some feedback that Im not the crazy one.
    I swear, I am going to start recording ALL of my conversations with my Dr's from now on. This is the same "family" of "Drs" that one, told me I should feel NOTHING because Im paralyzed a few years ago. I was in A LOT of pain at the time and was not as nice with her. Not mean, but, I then asked her "when was the last time that she read a study on people with SCI and neuro pain? 1977?" I didnt yell at her or cuss or call her names or anything, just asked that question. She then walked out of the office and returned with the head DR. I dont know what she told him but he immediately walked around the back of my chair and started pushing me out of the office and down the hall. When I tried to stop at the payment desk, he kept pushing and almost knocked me out of my chair. He said there was no need to pay, and a few days later I got a discharge letter from them.
    ughhh. SCI and the Drs that cant fix it or the pain suck. Which is like....ALL of them?. NO COMPASSION! They are all scared to write for any strong opiates now as well now in Fl. The DE@ has them all running scared of loosing their licenses. I understand the whole "pill mill" problem, But Im 33, have no criminal record, never "lost" my meds or had them "stolen". No "red flags". I have obvious debilitating pain. Its just crazy to me.
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

Im sorry, NOT ALL drs "suck", I understand that there is no cure, but there are ways of easing my pain. It seems like every Dr. I see is getting worse and worse.
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

That's crazy, I don't think I could hold my self together long enough the finish the appointment.
    It's not only florida where its hard to get pain meds I have had a hell of a time getting them from my GP, wanting to barely give me enough for a month, and its not like I could be abusing them because I have to get my caregiver (mom) to give them to me and she don't let me cheat.
    I think I got him straightened out now, I almost had to go on hospice just to get pain meds!
    Not to long ago our neighbors husband went on hospice and they sent a nurse out, she started out by giving them a bunch of church hand outs and asking if they were saved, then she told him that they were going to stop coming out unless he quit smoking!
    She even took his smokes away and had started to gather up the ash tray when they told her to get the hell out of there house and not come back.
    c3/c4, injured 2007

does she smoke? The reason I say that is because it sounds like she blows smoke rings out her @$$!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    I was going to suggest this, but thought it might be a bit excessive. However, if a nurse is suggesting it, then you may have cause to raise this issue with proper authorities if your claim is completely accurate.
    No you weren't.

Just kidding. But seriously, what a silly doctor. Jesus would pray for her mental health.
    Last edited by NorthQuad; 04-27-2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: none of your damn business

and spreading like wildfire. hear more and more of this kind of crap all the time.