Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Dr. Says God is mad at me and thats why I have pain O.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Dr. Says God is mad at me and thats why I have pain O.0

Ummmmmm YEA...
    I started to see a new GP, she does not practice pain meds, and I knew this, I just needed a new gp. I have another Dr. doing my pain meds. I told her my whole story ect. I swear that she told me that God was mad at me for something....maybe not for something currently, but in the past. THAT is why i have pain....This a "regular" gp, not from a clinic affiliated with and church or anything. She wants me to say the "lords prayer" many times a day. "I am a sinner, please forgive me for my sins". I was pretty shocked at this. I was nice to her as she was very nice to me and wrote out many referrals that I needed for a new neuro doc, sleep studies, ect. She didnt know what a physiatrist was though?....said i would have to find one and she would write out a referral for that too.
    Like, I believe in God, I pray and stuff. Im kind of against organized religion for some personal issues. I have prayed many times for my pain to go away, or get better. It makes me feel better, but has had NO effect on my neuro pain.
    geesh...Im SURE the pain has nothing to do with getting shot 5 times , my t10 shattered and my cord severed by a hot .45.
    Is this lady crazy?
    I feel like asking her for some of the meds she is on .(crack?)...they MIGHT make me feel a lil better....ya know? what would jesus do and all that?
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

nuts. pure nuts. at least she didnt try to withhold referrals from you?
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

You still need a new GP. If she does not even know what a physiatrist is, she should not be practicing medicine. Not to mention her religious issues. To not only infer that God is responsible for your pain but to come out and say so is unethical. As soon as you find another doctor, report her to the medical board in FL.--eak

Good grief-that is crazy! There are so many directions I could comment on the inappropriate and unprofessional way that doc acted.

We had a dietitian at rehab of all places give us an unsolicited religious talk of how God knew since "Dave was an itty bitty baby" he would fall from that tree.
    Seriously it pissed me off so much I nearly chased her down the hall.

If you have to see her again, I would explain to her that God gave us all free will. The criminal that shot you chose to use his (or hers) to do an terrible thing that has given you your cross to bear in life. Her cross to bear is to help you to bear yours. Tell her that God knows you can handle it because he gave it to you and not her. That MAY shut her up.

I too have issues with organized religion. My biggest issue is with those who insist on selling us theirs.--eak

next time you see her ask for a prostate exam.

Quote Originally Posted by barondidit View Post
    Ummmmmm YEA...
    I started to see a new GP, she does not practice pain meds, and I knew this, I just needed a new gp. I have another Dr. doing my pain meds. I told her my whole story ect. I swear that she told me that God was mad at me for something....maybe not for something currently, but in the past. THAT is why i have pain....This a "regular" gp, not from a clinic affiliated with and church or anything. She wants me to say the "lords prayer" many times a day. "I am a sinner, please forgive me for my sins". I was pretty shocked at this. I was nice to her as she was very nice to me and wrote out many referrals that I needed for a new neuro doc, sleep studies, ect. She didnt know what a physiatrist was though?....said i would have to find one and she would write out a referral for that too.
    Like, I believe in God, I pray and stuff. Im kind of against organized religion for some personal issues. I have prayed many times for my pain to go away, or get better. It makes me feel better, but has had NO effect on my neuro pain.
    geesh...Im SURE the pain has nothing to do with getting shot 5 times , my t10 shattered and my cord severed by a hot .45.
    Is this lady crazy?
    I feel like asking her for some of the meds she is on .(crack?)...they MIGHT make me feel a lil better....ya know? what would jesus do and all that?
    How did you select this GP? What are her credentials? If you require medication for pain management and you knew that it's not part of her practice, why did you choose her?
    Daniel

Your DR need a DR

Quote Originally Posted by doha View Post
    Your DR need a DR
    Amen!!!

I agree with the majority on here find a new Dr. God is not mad at you by giving you pain. For anyone to say that is BS and for a DR to say that is a sin for sure. I am sure when you were told that you must have been shocked and saddened by such an idiotic statement.

Yes we look up to physicians, they went thru years of medical training sorry you found one that misplaced her knowledge for stupidity.

God is the ultimate healer, that's where you need to put ypur faith in.
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often