Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Morels, they'll be dinner soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    They are going for $25 a lb. here. I took David out in his Frontier X5 chair Monday, never again. It turned out to be a costly mistake. I could have bought several lbs. and saved the energy. Looking around the edges wasn't good enough, he had to keep following me into the deep woods, and I must say he was plowing thru some pretty thick stuff with that chair, knocking over small saplings and everything. He did manage to find one himself which is a first in 6 years but....
    he got a flat tire, no one in two counties has the right size of tube. So ok, we will use your old Invacare chair right...nope dead batteries. So after a night in the hospital type transport chair, spent $347 for batteries and another $30 on a tube, got the Invacare going last night and the tube today, still got get that mounted. Luckily it has rained yesterday and today so no going back out yet. Next time I go though I may just forget to tell him until after the fact.
    You need to write a book "Adventures with Lisa."

Ha ha, I wish I had time to write a story, I could probably sell our life history and retire!

Anyway, got the tube fixed now too and I went back out today by myself and found 50!!! yeah

Thanks Robin, I will check into that. I have two more tubes coming just to be on the safe side but dang, thats alot of work.

50??? yum yum. Definitely check into the solid inserts, it's the only way to go.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Without checking, I'm not certain that solid inserts are available for the X-5 but probably are. I've used them for 15 years on my invacare's and now my Permobile. The smaller front wheels I get solid, and then the larger rear wheels have a solid insert that looks similar to an inflated tube. Since it's a solid foam-like material, there's never any risk of a flat. WELL worth the extra few bucks when you spec a chair out, or as add-ons later.
    The only downside is the harsher ride, I wouldn't like to zip down a cobbled street, flat out, on my puncture proof tires without having the dentist number on speed dial!

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    The only downside is the harsher ride, I wouldn't like to zip down a cobbled street, flat out, on my puncture proof tires without having the dentist number on speed dial!
    To the limit of my experience...The foam inserts have some give - more like air filled. Solid is both heavy and harsh.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    To the limit of my experience...The foam inserts have some give - more like air filled. Solid is both heavy and harsh.
    Given their size, 13x3 rear 9x3 front, I assume mine are foam filled, if they are solid that would explain the harsh ride which I'd attributed to the suspension not having bedded in yet.

They were sold as "puncture proof" and cost an extra £150, I'll check them out and if they are solid they're going back to the dealer!

use mesh bags when hunting if possible, it help spread spores for next season.
    c5/6 complete

wait, what?

This got me to thinking today about that spray in insulation stuff, Great Stuff. Wonder if I could fill his tire with that, it would have some give to it as well. I think I might try it on an old lawm mower tire or something first. What do you think? (now that I have completely diverted this thread)
    And yeah, 50 of them, they were small but tasty!!!

True, when I refer to "solid" inserts, I'm really meaning foam inserts. Not the rock-hard old tires o the the days of olde.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein