Thread: exoskeletons i need comments for my article

exoskeletons i need comments for my article

Hi everyone I am writing an article about exoskeletons for the Divine website. The website highlights issues important to people with a disability. I am a below the knee amputee. If you haven’t heard of exoskeletons before, they are mechanical suits that allow people with neurological, and muscular conditions to improve their mobility.

They need further development at present so they can be really helpful to people with limited mobility. I believe they have the potential to greatly improve the well being of many people with a disability. I would be grateful if anyone could provide me with some comments about exoskeletons to include in my article. It would also be helpful if I could put a name to the comments, as it would give my article a more informed quality. You can give me a pseudonym if you like. You can email me at peter66a@bigpond.com, or leave your comments in this thread.

Here are some links to articles about exoskeletons.
    http://www.argomedtec.com/products.asp
    http://www.focus.technion.ac.il/Feb11/alumniStory2.htm
    http://www.cyberdyne.jp/english/robotsuithal

If you would like to comment it would be great if you could tell me what condition you have that limits your mobility. How you got this condition and how it has affected your life. What activities you really miss doing, and how you think an exoskeleton could benefit you. Also what improvements would really make these suits more useful to people with limited mobility.

Thank you if you can be of assistance.

Peter

You can check my credentials with my editor Jason.
    Jason.Hill@dpcd.vic.gov.au

Blog Entries
    If the exoskeleton were light enough to wear full time, I could go back to having a normal life, but that's probably not what you want to hear. If I had to choose one thing that I would do that an exoskeleton could do for me, I would make one more skydive. I was crippled in a plane crash while flying to altitude to make a skydive. I've made 4 tandem jumps since then, but though they were a lot of fun, they were nothing like a solo skydive. I'd love to be able to go up and re-do that unfinished jump.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

If the exoskeleton were light enough to wear full time, I could go back to having a normal life, but that's probably not what you want to hear. If I had to choose one thing that I would do that an exoskeleton could do for me, I would make one more skydive. I was crippled in a plane crash while flying to altitude to make a skydive. I've made 4 tandem jumps since then, but though they were a lot of fun, they were nothing like a solo skydive. I'd love to be able to go up and re-do that unfinished jump.

Thank you for your comment Donno. My editor tells me our website is to give people a voice not to put words in thier mouth, so i am happy to hear what you really think. I would think after being in a plane crash i would be pretty wary of planes. All the best with the skydiving. I hope one day you get to do another solo jump

Peter