Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The CareCure CAD Repository

Proof that OFL works...

This pic provides a concrete example of how getting the OFL in a CAD drawing allows for an "apples to apples" comparison between an existing chair and the specs for a proposed chair. The top half shows the OFL for the TR3 while the Boing on which it was based is shown in the lower half. Both have an OFL of just over 26".

Imagine how different the TR3 would have looked had it been built to the specs used for "CAD 1" (Which we later discovered had an OFL of just <24")?

Please reply in the Discussion Thread
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 12-25-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    Recently tried spec'ing a ZR2 for a young T11 new-SCI fellow and found that TiLite's ergo seating is only available with tension-adjustable straps (that sag badly), not available with the lock-down folding backrest hardware (boo), and also not available with seat taper (narrower seat at front than back). I can't follow their logic.
    Tooley, I can't seem to find this on the TR3 order form - it doesn't specify they're mutually exclusive, just that the TA by straps seat is standard with either/both (?) and the G10 is unavailable with the ergo. Do I just not see it, or did Tilite tell you?
    Amy

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    Tooley, I can't seem to find this on the TR3 order form - it doesn't specify they're mutually exclusive, just that the TA by straps seat is standard with either/both (?) and the G10 is unavailable with the ergo. Do I just not see it, or did Tilite tell you?
    Amy
    That was for the ZR.

** EDIT **

Good catch Amy. I was wrong about that one - ergo-seating is available with a tapered seat width on both the ZR and TR. (I think from here on in we can stop denoting the Series number due to the fact that Ti is now only offering one version of each)
    Last edited by tooley; 12-28-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: mistaken, corrected

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    CAD is evil. When you migrate "your" data from version to version+1 of proprietary CAD product half the time something will be missing or mess up and you don't what it is. It is even worse if you try to use "your" data in another product. This is very similar to the e-discovery problem with MS Office documents. I have used the Bochs pure software Pentium emulators so that I could build an MS Wfw 3.11 i486 machine with our then SOE Apple LaserWriter driver to recover MS Word 6 and MS Excel 5 as hard copies had been lost! RTF is no better, but it allowed our migration from MS Word 6. Even this RTF which initially suggests TeX is self-inconsistent. In drawing office the IT department leaves them to fend for themselves. We help the Credit Department more as they collect our money.

Catia V.5 (Unix) to V.6 (Microsoft) and data loss. AirBus and Rolls Royce Trent?

Document it in plain text and with photos as will need to reconstruct this many times during product life cycle.

If you use CAD plot 2D views to PostScript and keep these for later reference when re-constructing 3D models. Retrieving from drawing cabinets in the roach farm archive takes too long and you will loose you the case.

Any good solid modelling pkgs that use an open, rational, self consistent format like IGES? Or do they all just shit in files?

I prefer S-Expressions to XML for the same reason that I prefer C, FORTRAN or anything else apart from BASIC to COBOL.

Wheelchair dump

This needs to be 10 to 15 degree for easy transfer or 20 degree for health.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...76#post1630676
    http://journals.lww.com/jnpt/Fulltex...rt_Are.70.aspx

Fortress Edge 75 drawings?

I have a busted Fortress Edge 75 rigid frame manual chair. Having drawings would enable me get parts made at a CNC shop. Castor and break broken thanks to QANTAS. Single wall rim busted due to me. (I now go out of my way and the long way around to avoid crappy 3rd world >50mm kerbs. Priya Cooper had/has one of these chairs. I replaced the plastic spacers with metal Bissell pins. I obviously weigh much more!)

Fortress Lite-Style, Inc.
    PO Box 489
    Clovis, California 93613-0489
    United States
    Telephone: 800-866-4335 or 209-323-0292.
    Fax: 209-323-0299 F.

The company is gone, but they were assigned a number of patents including reversible breaks (for those who have breaks on their chairs). However, no useful drawings backed up by the interwebs. Are they now owned by Trolls?

Would be good if drawings existed for life-cycle in a format that could be read during that life cycle. Volatile DWG and PeDoFile will not do, but 2D only PostScript has remained stable.

A Xtreme box 1 with adjustable push handles, folding backrest, removable CF fendered sideguards and flip up footplate, with 24" rear wheels and 5" front casters.

A XTR 2 to Holland.

Tilite Aero Z Series 2

AZFS1 TiLite AERO Z SERIES 2 K0005 $2095
    AZFF19 BLACK LAVA PAINT
    AZANO1 BLACK ANODIZE PACKAGE STD
    AZSW4 16" SEAT WIDTH
    AZFSW1 NO SEAT TAPER - STANDARD
    AZSD1 17" SEAT DEPTH
    AZFSH1 17.5" FRONT SEAT HEIGHT
    AZRSH1 15" REAR SEAT HEIGHT
    AZFA1 80 DEGREE FRONT ANGLE
    15.5" SEAT TO FOOTREST
    AZFTR3 ANGLE ADJ FOOTREST K0040 STD
    3.5" TAPER FOOTREST
    AZFE1 10" FOOTREST WIDTH
    AZFE2 NO V-FRONT TAPER
    AZSB1 FOLDING ALUMINUM BACKREST NCO
    AZSB11 LOCKING BACKREST NCO
    AZSB3 ALUMINUM BACKREST RELEASE BAR STD
    AZSB6 INTEGRATED PUSH HANDLES NCO
    ALUM 13.5"-16.5" FOLDING ADJ-HT BACK
    13.5" SEAT BACK HEIGHT
    AZSBA1 89 DEGREE SEAT BACK ANGLE
    AZCOG1 .5" CENTER OF GRAVITY
    AZRWS1 1" REAR WHEEL SPACING
    AZCBR1 ALUMINUM 2 DEGREE CAMBER
    ADDITIONAL REAR WHEEL SPACERS NCO
    5" FRONT WHEELS
    AZFW18 1.5 " PLASTIC W/POLY CASTERS $80
    AZFK1 TiLite STANDARD FORK STD
    24" WHEEL SIZE
    AZRW14 TiLite SHADOW WHEELS STD
    AZAXL1 STAINLESS QUICK RELEASE AXLES STD
    AZRTR1 TREADED TIRES STD
    AZRIM1 SILVER ANO HANDRIMS STD
    AZRIM7 LONG HANDRIM TABS STD
    AZWLK2 COMPOSITE SCISSOR LOCK $125
    AZUPC1 BLACK UPHOLSTERY STD
    AZBUP2 VELCRO ADJUSTABLE BACK UPH STD
    AZSUP1 TENSION ADJ BOLT ON SEAT UPH STD
    ALUMINUM SIDE GUARDS
    AZSDG3 QUAD REMOVABLE STANDARD $185
    AZTIP1 BLACK ALUMINUM ANTI-TIPS E0971 $135

c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    A Xtreme box 1 with adjustable push handles, folding backrest, removable CF fendered sideguards and flip up footplate, with 24" rear wheels and 5" front casters.
    Here is it, this chair with purple Dinos wheels would be awesone, it`s for woman.