Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The CareCure CAD Repository

echo - my chair: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...6&postcount=22

- real life without cushion on a sunny day in Spain: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...0&postcount=23

- real life with cushion in a dank gymnasium in buttfuck Saskatchewan: http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ey/photo-1.jpg

16x16+2 85 Degree TiLite ZRA

TiLite ZRA
    Seat width: 16"
    Seat depth: 16"
    Frame 2" longer than seat depth
    Front seat height: 18"
    Rear seat height: 15.5"
    Front end angle: 85 degrees
    Seat-to-footrest length: 15.5"
    V-shaped front end, footrest width: 11.5"
    Footrest type: aluminum adjustable
    Folding adjustable-height back height: 16"
    Back-release bars: titanium
    Integrated push handles
    Camber: 2 degrees
    Camber tube: titanium
    Rear wheel spacing: 1"
    Center of gravity: 1"
    Front casters: 4"x0.75" (I'm going to replace these with Frogs Legs 4"x1.4")
    Rear wheels: 24" TiLite Shadow (I'm going to replace these with Spinergy LXs)
    Front fork: standard, titanium fork stem
    Axle: stainless steel quick-release
    Handrims: aluminum anodized
    Wheel locks: Uni-Locks
    Back upholstery: velcro adjustable (I'm going to replace this with a J3 back)
    Seat upholstery: tension-adjustable by straps
    Side guards: aluminum rigid removable small
    Armrests: 11"-14"

Quote Originally Posted by EastRando View Post
    TiLite ZRA
    Seat width: 16"
    Seat depth: 16"
    Frame 2" longer than seat depth
    Front seat height: 18"
    Rear seat height: 15.5"
    Front end angle: 85 degrees
    Seat-to-footrest length: 15.5"
    V-shaped front end, footrest width: 11.5"
    Footrest type: aluminum adjustable
    Folding adjustable-height back height: 16"
    Back-release bars: titanium
    Integrated push handles
    Camber: 2 degrees
    Camber tube: titanium
    Rear wheel spacing: 1"
    Center of gravity: 1"
    Front casters: 4"x0.75" (I'm going to replace these with Frogs Legs 4"x1.4")
    Rear wheels: 24" TiLite Shadow (I'm going to replace these with Spinergy LXs)
    Front fork: standard, titanium fork stem
    Axle: stainless steel quick-release
    Handrims: aluminum anodized
    Wheel locks: Uni-Locks
    Back upholstery: velcro adjustable (I'm going to replace this with a J3 back)
    Seat upholstery: tension-adjustable by straps
    Side guards: aluminum rigid removable small
    Armrests: 11"-14"

got any pics of your chair, or haven't got it yet?
    Last edited by rollin64; 12-05-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    Echo - definitely consider ergo seat as opposed to the 4" dump. You could have the same seating angle (knees higher than your hips) by having 5.5" of ergo seating with a RSH/FSH difference ("dump") of 2.75" - ie. 15.25" RSH / 18" FSH with 5.5" of flat "ergo" at the rear of the seat and then angled upward toward the front to achieve the same 13.6-degree angle that 4" of dump would. It will make transfers far easier and not so much shearing force on the old butt-skin. I went to ergo seat a year ago and love it.
    Do you need a special cushion for this type of modification? I use a Jay 2 Deep Contour.

I would say not. I alternate between a Varilite Evolution and a Stimulite Contour, both have a bit of a pocket for me bum.

14 months in my Oracing with ergo seating and love it more all the time...

Recently tried spec'ing a ZR2 for a young T11 new-SCI fellow and found that TiLite's ergo seating is only available with tension-adjustable straps (that sag badly), not available with the lock-down folding backrest hardware (boo), and also not available with seat taper (narrower seat at front than back). I can't follow their logic.

16x18+1 85 Degree TiLite TR3

This is the first of several TR3's we've recently spec'd that will be posted in the repository during the next few months. All will be for experienced users who are fairly satisfied with their existing chairs, but will be going with sharper front frame angles and have never had a TiLite.

There is a saying that experienced users "know exactly what they want" when it comes to replacing their current custom wheelchair. Unless the individual is replacing it with the exact same model in the exact configuration, translating specs between different manufacturers/models will still be a challenge.

The only way I can be confident that the experienced user is "actually going to get exactly what they want" is to sit down with them and go line by line through the entire order form (just like anyone else I see). At some point, we will roll their current chair up against a wall so that the footrest is touching, and measure the distance from the wall to the front of the back post near the hinge. I then request a CAD drawing with specific instructions to include in the drawing the distance from the front of the back post to the front of the footrest. In the past, I have referred to this as the "Schulte Dimension".

Since my New Years resolution is to persuade every custom wheelchair manufacturer who provides a CAD drawing to include it as a standard spec, I've elected re-name it Occupied Frame Length (OFL).

I'm fairly confident in my ability to accurately spec custom rigid frames, but I must admit that there would have been some significant errors on the upcoming TR3's that will be posted here soon had we not requested the OFL on their respective CAD's. The very fact I can confidently make that statement even though none of those chairs has yet to arrive should indicate just how useful I think it is. Bottom line: I know of no better way to compare an existing chair with the proposed specs for a new chair.

Anyway, here are the specs for what is officially our first TR3...

Tilite TR Series 3
    Satin Finish
    16" Seat Width
    18" Seat Depth
    19" Custom Frame Depth
    85 Degree Front Angle
    25.1" Occupied Frame Length (aka Schulte Dimension)
    19" Front / 17" Rear STF Heights
    17" Seat-To-Footrest
    4" Taper Footrest
    10" Footrest Width
    Titanium Folding Locking Backrest
    12”- 16.5” Titanium Folding Adj-Ht Back Set @ 12"
    92 Degree Back Angle
    3.5" Center Of Gravity (3.75" in pictures)
    .75" Rear Wheel Spacing
    2 Degree Carbon Fiber Camber Tube
    Tilite Standard Fork / Titanium Stems
    24" Golz Twin-star Exchange Wheels/Schwalbe Speedrun Tires/Surge LT Handrims
    Composite Scissor Lock
    Small Carbon Fiber Rigid Removable Side Guards
    Ride Designs Corbac
    5x1.4" Frog Legs Aluminum Soft Roll Casters (Replaced the OEM 5x1.5 "Plastic Caster/Poly Tire")

Discussion Thread

It is an easy measurement to take from an existing chair and requires minimal additional effort for a manufacturer to provide it in a CAD drawing. Therefore, this is one New Year's resolution that I hope I will be able to keep. If I can educate others on the applications of OFL can and manufacturers make it standard, I suspect that there would be fewer new chairs that are never used because the person can't use it in certain environments, can't clear the rear wheel as easily when they transfer, or feel less-confident when they wheelie because their wheelbase is now shorter than it was on their previous chair.

Besides, the "Island of Misfit Chairs" is already a crowded place.
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 12-16-2012 at 09:00 PM.

When you specify the OFL, some other dimension needs to adjusted. Which dimension did you ask TiLite to adjust to get the 25.1 OFL (the 19" extended frame length perhaps)?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thumbs up

I like a lot these CAD drawings and pictures, the only thing I miss is a picture of the chair with user on it. It really helps understanding the specs.
    Some of you did it and I thank them.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    When you specify the OFL, some other dimension needs to adjusted. Which dimension did you ask TiLite to adjust to get the 25.1 OFL (the 19" extended frame length perhaps)?
    Bear with me chas. In this instance, I didn't specify a specific OFL that we were looking for, we just wanted it to be included in the CAD to see if TiLite's 85+1 would work when his existing chair was an 80 degree Terminator.

There will be several examples in the coming weeks and months that will illustrate different applications of OFL. First, I need to get pics showing the OFL on the chairs being replaced the new chairs have to arrive.

In time will be starting a separate thread for all of those examples. For the time being, I would suggest refraining from posting further in the repository and starting a thread elsewhere.

15x17+2 80 Degree TiLite TR3

OK, so these CAD drawings both show an 85 degree frame angle for a chair that was eventually built with an 80 degree frame angle. Even though we don't have a CAD based on the final specs, this particular chair is one of the best examples of how Occupied Frame Length (OFL) can be extremely useful when comparing the information provided in a CAD drawing to an existing chair.

The TR3 will be replacing a Colours Boing--a model who's specs are more-difficult to determine because of the non-standard measurements Colours used to build their frames at the time the Boing was produced.

Here is the first CAD drawing for the TR3. While we requested the OFL, it somehow got left off...

The person who will be getting the TR3 actually approved the CAD before we knew what the OFL would be. Instead of ordering the chair, we decided to wait until we received a version with the OFL so we could compare it with the Boing.

It turned out that the OFL for the first CAD was just under 24". Had the TR3 been built without the benefit of knowing this information, it would have been significantly off and this story would not have had a happy ending.

The second CAD shows what changes were necessary once we knew the OFL for both the proposed TR3 and his Boing...

These are the final specs...

15"W x 17"D
    19" Custom Frame Depth
    80° Front Angle
    18" Front / 14.5" Rear STF Heights
    Occupied Frame Length: 26.2"
    14.5" Seat-To-Footrest
    V-Front End w/ 11.5" Footrest Width
    8.5”-12.5” Titanium Folding Locking Backrest Set @ 11"
    92° Back Angle
    4" Center Of Gravity
    1" Rear Wheel Spacing
    2°Carbon Fiber Camber Tube
    Tilite Standard Fork / Titanium Stems
    24" Golz Twin-Star Exchange Wheels
    NaturalFit Handrims / Schwalbe Marathon Evolution Tires
    Composite Scissor Lock
    Standard Carbon Fiber Removable Side Guards
    4x1.5 Plastic Caster/Poly Tire
    (To be replaced with 4x1.4" Frog Legs Aluminum Hub Soft Rolls)

Why the change from an 85 degree +3 frame to an 80 degree +2 frame? Because the user will be carrying his monoski on the front frame using a pair of luggage carriers. If the front frame angle was too vertical, this would be difficult to do.

On a technical note, these pics show the OFL of the actual chair as well as extra tubing between the upholstery and the TR3 frame bend...

Discussion Thread Can Be Found Here...
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 12-25-2012 at 01:05 PM.