25" ORANGE SPOKE SPINERGY LX REAR WHEELS, BLACK HUBS
    STAINLESS STEEL QUICK RELEASE AXLE
    SCHWALBE MARATHON PLUS TIRES
    SURGE LT HANDRIMS, SHORT TABS
    COMPOSITE SCISSOR WHEEL LOCKS
    TENSION-ADJUSTABLE-BY-STRAPS BACK UPHOLSTERY
    SIDE GUARDS – NONE
    G10 SOLID SEAT PAN
    User Spec’s: 6’2”, 175#, advancing CIDP (no SCI), strong trunk, limited walking

OF INTEREST:

FRONT CASTERS: Upgraded to 5 x 1.4 R6 FLAHSRs, available special order from Frog Legs to fit TiLite Slipstreams equipped with 1.5” axles and plastic/poly casters. Conversion requires 1 allen wrench and 2 minutes of time. CAMBER CLAMP: Mounted more aft on the camber strut than usual. The center line of the camber tube runs up thru the extreme aft portion of the strut rather than thru the center, per the CAD.

SURGE LTs: A good wrap for 8” (base of palm to middle finger tip) average-sized hands. The short tabs work well, the whole upper and lower thumb flank resting close against the tire sidewall for more grip when needed, the narrow rim-to-tire gap thumb-friendly.

BOTTOM LINE: The chair fits fingertips to axle, foot to footrest (maybe up ½”). NO WAY could I have accurately spec’d my ZR without the CC forum and “Repository”. I thank all who regularly post, epecially those who collectively asked all the ‘dumb’ questions I would have had to ask, had you not … if that makes any sense. ;¬)
    love it.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

new tr

new tilite tr specs. went back to a box frame
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Nice. What prompted the change?

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Nice. What prompted the change?
    the z/l frames do flex. in talking with marty ball he referred to the tr as more of a performance chair, so i thought i'd give it ago. i went all rigid, welded back, side guards ect. i never cared for my zr2 that much, liked my zr1's much more. ive had 3 zr series, so i'll give the tr a run. hey, the angle app u spoke of for iphone works on ipod touch as well. very slick.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Hi fuentejps, nice to see you here again, sure you will get in love with the box frame and you will not regret.
    But i don`t understand how you are going to drive a chair with 4" dump and 3.5"cog, that's very tippy.

thx toto. its actually a bit heavy on the frt end. im very long legged and my legs are not atrophied bad so they are heavy. same specs as my zr's

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Hi fuentejps, nice to see you here again, sure you will get in love with the box frame and you will not regret.
    But i don`t understand how you are going to drive a chair with 4" dump and 3.5"cog, that's very tippy.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

You should have held out longer for the new TR3; the frame is 15% lighter (less wear and tear on the shoulders) and the under rails are narrower making it a little easier to store. Then again, there's always next year.

i'll never get a new model in the 1st release again. learned that with my zr2. this chair is slick.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    You should have held out longer for the new TR3; the frame is 15% lighter (less wear and tear on the shoulders) and the under rails are narrower making it a little easier to store. Then again, there's always next year.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

i'll never get a new model in the 1st release again. learned that with my zr2. this chair is slick.
    Unless the chair folds like a house of cards I can't think if any risk seeing as you got a fixed back frame (smart move).

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I don`t think that`s the way, the brands are geating crazy just thinking in the weight 15% lighter? but in reality there is a para who need a chair lighter than a TR, they told 15%, but not tell nothing about % weaker. because if is lighter is because have less wall tubing so...
    Much people worried about a .5 lb less in a frame and have 20lbs or more of overweight in their bodys, not having overweight is what really will give less wear and tear on the shoulders, not a .5 lb less in a frame
    Last edited by totoL1; 06-27-2012 at 12:31 PM.