Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The CareCure CAD Repository

120 ergo seat is not much, i know they give it like std measurement, but i never have understand why 120 like std, that`s for a kid, you will be more confortable in a 140mm.

I did wonder if it was maybe a bit short, but then I read this in depth document which seems to be recommending 120mm.

http://www.49bespoke.com/file_librar...go_seating.pdf

I can't imagine an extra 20mm would make much difference would it?

Ergo measure is tricky, I tooked 7" (17,78 cm) and it's great!
    The right measure supposed to be one or two fingers from ischial tuberosity, I used that technique

I tried different length wooden wedges to find out what ergo was right for me; I ended up at 7" (180mm), too. Then I bent and shimmed up my solid seat pan accordingly.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thanks Nick - that sounds like a good technique. I think I'll change it to about 150mm anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Steviewo View Post
    I did wonder if it was maybe a bit short, but then I read this in depth document which seems to be recommending 120mm.

http://www.49bespoke.com/file_librar...go_seating.pdf

I can't imagine an extra 20mm would make much difference would it?

what more influence in your ergo seat depth will be how fat are you, because as more fat you are more forward your ischio will be, I use 140mm

17x16 72° Oracing from Bike-on for EZ Lock pin

17" Seat width
    16" Seat depth
    72 Degree front angle
    19" Front seat height
    17" Rear seat height
    17" Seat to footrest height
    V front frame - 2"Taper
    9" wide aluminum footrest adjustable height/angle
    Fixed Ergo backrest
    2.5” deep under seat rigidizer bar (space for the SmartDrive battery)
    0 Center fixed gravity
    1" Rear wheel spacing
    3 Degree camber
    5 x 1.5" soft roll F/Frog leg suspension
    24" Oracing wheels – 1 inch Schmicking axle
    Short tab push rims
    Oracing ultra light red stitchedupholstery all around. Red stitched Oracing logo on back
    Carbon Fiber seat pan.
    fixed aluminum side guards w/o rim – (wheel rim height + front tire outside diameter length
    Matt black frame -
    Welded custom lower frame and aluminum plate to attach EZ Lock pin (7.5” off the ground and 18” from the front of the chair to the pin)

View here

I contacted Stephen@bike-on.com and between dozens of emails, quotations and swift professional feedback. He got my attention sharply focused on Oracing. After many Leonardo da Vinci style CADs and Stephens incredible number crunching wizardry, Oracing trumped. All their wheelchairs are handcrafted exactly according to their client's special needs. They pay attention to small details and they shine in the art of design. These qualities set Oracing above their competitors and they are a strong contender in the wheelchair arena. From the time my order was placed to completing my chair – Just over a week.

I seriously hope they can restore all of the images lost as a result of the vBulletin upgrade because this thread was an extremely valuable and unique source of information.

For those of you who were not familiar with the concept of "Occupied Frame Length" (OFL) before the software was upgraded, you may find this post to be a helpful tutorial. OFL can be an extremely useful dimension because it provides a direct link between an existing chair and the specs for a proposed replacement chair.
    [SIZE=14px]Occupied Frame Length Is Defined As The Distance From The Front Of The Back Post To The Front Of The Footrest.[/SIZE]

Keep in mind that I came up with the name for this term because there was no standard term to describe this dimension. Most manufacturers do not normally include it as a standard part of their CAD drawings, so it must be specifically requested. It is measured on an existing chair by rolling the chair so that the footrest touches the wall and measuring the distance from the front of the back post to the wall. OFL proved to be invaluable in overcoming the challenges we faced in spec'ing a new TR3 that would be based on an old chrome moly Terminator used by a C6 quad. While it was no longer his primary chair, he reported that the Terminator's "dump" gave him better trunk stability and was easier to push than any of the titanium rigid frames he had owned. He reported that the main disadvantage of it was that he had difficulty transferring out of it because due to the 80 degree frame angle and lack of rear wheel clearance. Going with an 85 degree frame angle and 1" longer custom frame on the new chair would solve the transfer problem, but there were a couple of other issues. It wasn't possible to get the Terminator's 14" rear STF height on the TR3 with a 24" rear wheel (The lowest we could go was 14.5"). How would we get the same seat angle with a different rear STF height and frame angle? The first thing we needed to do was get an accurate OFL from the Terminator...

Note that the measuring stick is at the bottom of the back post and parallel with the ground. Otherwise, there will be a much greater margin for error...

This chair was somewhat unique because we didn't know what the front STF height should be if we wanted the seat angle to be exactly 15 degrees. As a result, we requested the CAD be drawn using the following specs:
    • Seat Depth: 16"
    • Custom Frame Length: 17"
    • Front Frame Angle: 85 Deg.
    • Rear STF: 14.5"
    • Occupied Frame Length: 22"
    • Seat Angle: 15 Degrees

TiLite obliged by providing the following CAD for these specs...

This is the new TR3 that was built as a result of those specs. It has the same seat angle, a nearly identical OFL, but includes more frame tubing in front of the wheel for transfers...

At the beginning of this post, I mentioned that OFL provides a direct link between an existing chair and a proposed chair. Here's proof.

Yep, OFL sure is a good thing to know. Here's a pic of my CAD showing OFL, definately helped getting a perfect seating match to an existing chair, with a significantly different front end configuration on the new one [ATTACH=CONFIG]n2917829[/ATTACH]

SSCA installed (wheelie prohibited)

This post is not manufacturer CAD for chair, but it is my cad and pics for the modification of a TiLite DU100069 - Single Swivel Caster Anti-Tipper (SSCA), which I designed for a specific, controversial desire I had: spinning wheelies while free dancing. (Some CCC members think I'm nuts :) ) I have some dysmetria, so I need anti-tippers because holding wheelies reliably is not possible. I was bending the mounting brackets of standard anti-tippers by spinning on them,so I ordered an SSCA through the VA. When it arrived, it's configuration prevented me from doing wheelies, so I designed, tested, prototyped, and hired a fix (my auto mechanic friend made the bends). I call them Wheelie Bends (WB). My SSCA is now a SSCAWB ;).

Note: my friend has worked with titanium previously on race cars, so he was eager to do it. The bends are obviously field done, but the SSCAWB works wonderfully. When I shared the design with TiLite via email, they said they would make an SSCAWB for me according to my design, but they'd need to make one from scratch, and the DMES (VA) would need to order it for me. My friend bent the one I already had for free (I tipped him $40). I'll get TiLite to do one for my next chair.

Anyway, for those of you who are interested in doing spinning wheelies without damaging your anti-tippers, consider a SSCAWB, but you'll need to figure out the proper bend for your chair. This design works for my chair; it may not be safe on others. The concept is safe, but the specifics may vary.

Discussion thread:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/vb5/forum/sci...er-fine-tuning