Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My brother

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    That's horrible. I hope someone here can help you out.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by barondidit View Post
    Contact his local Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Network and Center for Independent Living. They should be able to answer many of your questions and give him some help. Also if he has no place to live after rehab, apply for section 8 housing and SSI/SSDI. They will usually put a disabled person getting out of rehab with no place to live, at the top of the list for section 8.
    Usually medicaid pays for three months of rehab. This work should have been started long ago (months) . I know its hard when you have little to no family help though. Usually they have workers in the rehab hospital to help with this kinda stuff.
    Also, how was he hurt? There may be more funding available depending on that.
    Hope that helps a little.
    His originally injury was 5 years ago when he had brain surgery to stop him from being paralysed. It was never going to be a 'cure' but he was completely functional. However, his condition deteriorated and he was walking with a stick and had the shakes when he fell a couple of months ago and re-injured his old injury. As I said, he is now paralysed from the neck down with C3, C4 and C5 injuries, incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    The nearest excellent spinal cord injury center is in Atlanta, Georgia. It is The Sheperd Center and is internationally known for the excellence of care provided and the good rehab given to patients. Is there any possibility you could be in touch with them and try to get him moved there?
    Thank you, I will try

This link will help you navigate

http://www.shepherd.org/