Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rick Hansen concludes China tour at Hong Kong SCI youth Rally; eleven- day visit resu

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Wise,
    how is the collaboration with Mr. Hansen going, if I may ask?
    Paolo
    I hope better than this...

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...12&postcount=3

What a difference a year makes... the light comes on.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...9&postcount=38
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...9&postcount=21
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 06-06-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Sadly, I think we've all come around to that assessment of the RHI.

This is why Wise, is at the forefront of our cause. Yes , we need more affimative information from Wise on the success of his trials. From what I understand on what Wise is saying, he wants not to jump the gun. That's fine, but don't keep us waiting forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    Wise-

Truly? mainland Mandarin is tough for you?

My Taiwanese friends who do translation have a tough time with language when working on the Mainland.
    I speak Cantonese. Although I can understand pudongwa to a large extent, I am not able to speak it. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Please read what I said carefully. I don't think that there has been any significant change in my opinion of Rick Hansen. Here is what I said last year:

I believe that Rick Hansen was impressed by the huge effort getting chronic spinal cord injury clinical trials going in China. At the same time, I am very impressed by his message to people with disabilities. He is telling them that it is time for them to make a difference. He wants people to do things, whether it is to support cure research, lobbying the government for access and better care, taking care of people who don't have the resources, or teaching people what spinal cord injury is.
    Here is what I said recently
    It seems that a large part of the battle has to do with the pessimism or even nihilism of some people, who simply cannot and will not believe that spinal cord injury can be cured. This is what is holding down the Rick Hansen Foundation. It may be why the RHI is not anxious to seem to be wild-eyed cure advocates, because they fear condemnation by conservative doctors and scientists who believe that a cure is not possible.
    Unfortunately, I was at the Vancouver meeting for only one day and did not have a chance to see Rick. My comments about the meeting itself were concerning people who presented there and not Rick Hansen. He cannot help what prominent scientists and clinicians are saying about clinical trials. I was depressed by the pessimism being expressed at the meeting by my colleagues.

On the other hand, I was quite depressed by the Rick Hansen Foundation meeting in Vancouver. What I saw were mostly people giving excuses why they could not do clinical trials. Yes, yes, it is hard, it takes money, and it is a lot of work. But that doesn't mean that it is impossible. It can be done.
    Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Please read what I said carefully. I don't think that there has been any significant change in my opinion of Rick Hansen. Here is what I said last year:

Here is what I said recently

Unfortunately, I was at the Vancouver meeting for only one day and did not have a chance to see Rick. My comments about the meeting itself were concerning people who presented there and not Rick Hansen. He cannot help what prominent scientists and clinicians are saying about clinical trials. I was depressed by the pessimism being expressed at the meeting by my colleagues.
    Wise.
    So do you think that they are spending on chronic spinal cord injury? I'm not being a smart ass, just want your opinion.

If they are, why won't they shove it in our faces?
    If they have plans to do it, why not shove that in our faces?

My real concern is that they are raising money for cure and not spending it there. Do you have the same opinion?
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

From what I've observed, the pessimism about cure at the RHI is a top-down phenomenon. So if it's not coming from Rick Hansen, why is his apparent enthusiasm not being translated into ACTION?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    I speak Cantonese. Although I can understand pudongwa to a large extent, I am not able to speak it. Wise.
    That's very interesting for the cure forum

What about the collaboration with Rick Hansen you mentioned, is it for real?

What does it consist of? ..if it is not top sicret..

Please Wise, I think this is interesting to know also for other CC members.

If you answer I promise I'll stop pestering you for a while

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming