Thread: Punching Bag

Punching Bag

Thinking a punching bag would be fun exercise....any tips?
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

I have a "punchball" type of punchbag that is attached to a metal bar stand.
    You fill the plastic bottom part of the stand with water or sand so you get a solid base. Then set the adjustable bar to your required height, set and lock. Lots of fun and good exercise, keep swinging and the ball will allways come back to you for more punishment lol.
    You can also use it as a coat stand when not in use!

Like this one :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1erjx34e2M0
    Last edited by brython2; 04-21-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: youtube link added

Blog Entries
    You could just use your husband and save a little money.

i have a heavy bag hanging in my garage....its good for shoulder/back/arm/core......besides punching....i sit in front of bag, and push it, with 1 hand at a time, then catch it on the swing back at me, but give a little so not to jolt ur shoulders....then repeat..so its a constant swing...i do 50 then switch arms...i get a huge pump in my arms, especially forearms......
    Last edited by roc21; 04-22-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    - Rolling Thru Life -

I LOVE using a punching bag (especially a heavy bag). I took boxing fitness classes for a while, until the cost got too prohibitive.

Use good posture, wear wraps & gloves, and take 1 class with a trainer if you can afford it - this will give you some good ideas about various punches & drills, as well as tips on form for maximum effect.

works great set your brakes and punch away, I do 1 minute straight 30 seconds off then another minute, you don't have to hit it hard to get your heart pumping

Thanks! I put an add in some local classifieds for a used bag - hope someones got one gathering dust in their garage!
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

I've always wanted one too Emi - for frustrations' sake! lol

I'd love a speed bag as well.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

We bought a cheap 40lb hanging bag and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! So nice to do an exercise I enjoy.... did my 25 minute chair aerobics today followed by a 10 minute non stop dumb bell routine and then 25 minutes of punching. Feel weak and limp and AWESOME. The bag weighs a bit less than what I have to lose...so I'm all "Take that 40 lbs and THAT AND THAT"....lol.