Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: paralyzed bride jennifer darmon walks

Quote Originally Posted by WahWah View Post
    Who's Diane Sawyer?

She must be some reporter yeah?, if so, yeah fuck her! like most media she don't know shit from chocolate cake.

We all kick ass in here, why don't you ask us how it is?....lol

Bloody Dumbed down Media
    Here's the thing...

Yes I know I'm in a wheelchair for the rest of my life, I'm not fooling myself or anyone else and I had nothing to "prove" to myself or anyone else...
    I didn't decide to start walking with my braces because I was deluded into thinking this would make me "normal" all I wanted to do is the most I could for my body and my rehab, if I'm not working I'm going to push myself as much as I can, walking down the aisle came later and the media came much later then that...

Do I hate being in a wheelchair? Hell yes, that is something I'm not ever going to be "proud" of , it's not going to be something I use to prove anything to anyone. The chair is just my mode of transportation...

All I wanted to do was stand up and let my pretty wedding dress look the way I envisioned it would before this wheelchair entered my life... And stand in front of my husband to be and look him in the eyes, that gives me so much at the end of the day...

Not all of us in chairs want to say "f you" to everyone, we just want to do what we want regardless of wheeling or trying to walk

Jenn Darmon

Good for you Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Good for you Jenn
    Ditto.
    JimmyMack
    Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Looking good. Thanks for the great story. Glad you got enough return back to stager around in braces with a shit lode of rehab. Take care Jenn.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Looking good. Thanks for the great story. Glad you got enough return back to stager around in braces with a shit lode of rehab. Take care Jenn.
    Hey,

Thanks! But I don't have any return... Complete from L1 down, no movement or feeling... Just a heck of a lot of physio... And those braces don't really translate to me walking around in my daily life, I don't want to fool anybody into thinking that, just gets me upright and lots of core exercise!

Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMack View Post
    Ditto.
    Thanks guys!

post on wrong title.
    Last edited by Buffie; 12-10-2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: wrong title posted on