Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I use Microcyn?

Quote Originally Posted by GGabrielle View Post
    I'm colonized. I just started instilling vetericyn to de-colonize and get rid of sediment and odor. I think I've read retaining 60 ccs for thirty minutes twice a day is what others have done in this situation. I might try this, but I should start slow, correct?
    Yes, I too recall reading about people who are colonized using 60cc retained for 30 minutes twice a day. And, I do think it is a good idea to start slowly. You many be able to increase amounts and time very quickly, if after the first couple of instillations you have no side effects.

You will probably have no trouble at all. Since you are on an intermittent catheterization program your bladder is normal size and can handle instillation of greater volumes of fluid, than say someone like me who has a very small bladder after years of a constantly draining superpubic catheter. I think there are very few people who experience side effects from exposure to super-oxidized water.

All the best,
    GJ

It is worth mentioning, sorry I didn't mention this in my previous posts, that some Veteroicyn users have reported mild autonomia, i.e., feeling of burning in the bladder, goosebumps, chills. Some users have experienced bowel upset and accidental bowel movements. Usually these symptoms go away after using Vetericyn for some time.

Introducing Vetericyn into your routine slowly and building up amount instilled and time retained is a reasonable approach. If you find you have these kinds of reactions to Vetericyn, you can dilute it. Two parts Vetericyn, one part saline or sterile water has worked well for me.

All the best,
    GJ

Hey I am about to try the Veterricyn VF. I got it in the mail yesterday and am really excited about the possibilities of less UTI's! I am confused about how much to put in my bladder?? I have read the posts and seen were some people said to put 20 to 60 cc in?? I have a "needle like plunger" that puts water into the folly bubble...Thats 10ml..How many of those would equal 60cc's...I know to start lower than that in the beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonBynum View Post
    Hey I am about to try the Veterricyn VF. I got it in the mail yesterday and am really excited about the possibilities of less UTI's! I am confused about how much to put in my bladder?? I have read the posts and seen were some people said to put 20 to 60 cc in?? I have a "needle like plunger" that puts water into the folly bubble...Thats 10ml..How many of those would equal 60cc's...I know to start lower than that in the beginning...
    I am not sure what a "'needle like plunger' that put water into the folly (sic-thick you mean foley) bubble is. 10cc and 10ml are equal. So 6 of your plunger device would equal 60cc.

How do you manage your bladder?

If you are trying to prevent bladder colonization and urinary tract infection, my suggestion is to start out with 30cc of Vetericyn, retained for 5 minutes. Next day, 30cc retained for 7 minutes. Next day 30cc retained for 10 minutes, until you can retain 30cc for 20 minutes. If at any time, you have a problem, cut back on retention time to the point where you did not experience and difficulties and see how that works for you for a week or so. Assess the quality of urine for colonization, cloudiness, and odor. Adjustments can be made based upon your results.

Try this approach and let us know how you are doing.

All the best,
    GJ