Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossbows and gimpy hands

Crossbows and gimpy hands

I want to get a crossbow and im just curious how quads draw it back? And no,im not really interested in spending a $1000 on some fancy hi tech contrapsion! Im a low tech kind of guy

There are a few products out there for a self cocking crossbow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1R0C-ocQS4

Also try check out ACUdraw

I bought a cheap 175lb pull crossbow made by "Jaguar". My dad will be cocking it for now, but I think I can design a wench type cocking device to make it easier. If I win the lotto, I'll buy that self-cocking crossbow that just came out.

Yeah you're right they are spendy. ACUdraw is probably the way to go. Or your dad, or brother in my case.

im like the other guys i get somebody too draw mine...ive owned horton,excaliber and parker i love the parker

In reality, the chances of getting another shot quickly are slim to none.

your right iceman if you miss they haul ass

no doubt! i rarely get a second shot even with my rifle. although i usually dont need one.

We bought a Tenpoint with Acudraw on ebay. Works like a dream. You can actually use a battery powered screwdriver to draw it back.

Shaun, how are you my friend? I use a Tenpoint with accu-draw also. When I decided to try bowhunting back in 96-97 they had just come out with the accudraw and it was the only way to go as I was hunting the majority of the time by myself. If I'm hunting I didn't want to depend on someone else to be there to cock it for the 1st shot or a 2nd shot if I had one.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein