Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother's Day is coming.

Mother's Day is coming.

So what are you doing for your mom this year?

She and my mother's PCA and her mother are all coming to my house for the weekend (they live about 2 hours away). We are going to do some sightseeing on Saturday, then have a nice dinner at home. Sunday after opening gifts we are going to a nice restaurant with a great view for a sumptuous brunch. We are then taking a drive up the coast (before going home for a nice nap!).

I got my mother two dresses for her gift. Still want to get something for the PCA's mother as well (who also cleans house for my mother).

(KLD)

This will be the first one without mom. I think maybe we will have a big barbecue and celebrate her being free of misery and pain. Lots of tears and beers. Salud Madre!

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    She and my mother's PCA and her mother are all coming to my house for the weekend (they live about 2 hours away). We are going to do some sightseeing on Saturday, then have a nice dinner at home. Sunday after opening gifts we are going to a nice restaurant with a great view for a sumptuous brunch. We are then taking a drive up the coast (before going home for a nice nap!).

I got my mother two dresses for her gift. Still want to get something for the PCA's mother as well (who also cleans house for my mother).

(KLD)
    It sounds like a lovely weekend (if slightly exhausting!) KLD! Have fun.

My mom lives in another state. I'm ordering her a Scentsy Warmer and 6 scent packs for her new house.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by xtravla View Post
    This will be the first one without mom. I think maybe we will have a big barbecue and celebrate her being free of misery and pain. Lots of tears and beers. Salud Madre!
    Tears and beers sound apropriate under the circumstances.
    I remember my first Father's Day without a Dad,Granpa or even FIL.
    Strange sort of orphan feeling even as an adult.
    We usually get my my Mom a nice outdoor potted patio plant and my MIL AAA travel auto insurance.

We have mother's day in February and this year it was on her birthday and it was only my second without my mother and no family left in my generations either. I hate to be the oldest in the family and the only one in my generation. It is unfair, my father had his mother until he was 74 and he died 10 years later.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Bente my grandmother lived to 99, my mother died two years after her mom. I don't know why but always thought my mom would live to at least see her mid 80's I guess I thought that way because he mother made it to 99. My mom was 75 when she died it will be ten years since her death in May can't believe it has been that many years.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Anyone that is thinking about putting off spending some quality time with mom because you're too busy, or it's just irritating and she just repeats the same old thing, over and over again.......well, just ask one of us that can't go see mom anymore if it's worth wasting a bit of time to make the effort....

It's been fourteen years now....and it seems like yesterday that I was stopping every night after work to check on her. I have a few siblings that thought it was too much of an irritation to have to come and listen to a few repeated stories..... So what! I'd give anything to hear one of those stories again.

I don't even like mother's day anymore. I have three kids of my own, and would rather forget about the whole thing. Mother's day to me, was for my mom.....not for me. It's hard sometimes to get it switched to me, and I guess I'm still struggling with it. I guess it just does'nt matter how old you are, losing your parents isn't easy.

Then you figure out all the old ones are gone......which means you are now one of the old ones. That's a joy! And on that note....Happy Mother's Day everyone!

A friend of mine used to say "My mother is crazy and drives me crazy, but I'm gonna miss her when she's gone."
    My Mom lives near us and comes over or we talk a few times a week.