Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swearing really is a powerful painkiller

Swearing really is a powerful painkiller

#@*!%# Swearing really is a powerful painkiller, study shows.

I just read this ,does it work for you?

Next time you stub your toe, go ahead and let those four-letter words fly. Cursing actually does help dull our perception of pain, new research suggests.

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...er-study-shows
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

I have to agree. It works for me. I try to only do it when no one else is around because while it is healing, it also makes you look like an ass who can't handle life very well..hehehe.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Agree with both of you ..... I have a few choice words that are only used when I am really hurting, but have to be careful who is around.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I felt so validated when I heard that on the news today. When I told my cousin how I swore when stubbing my toe on the hospital bed wheel lock she said (church lady voice) "and does it help?" and I told her it did.

If cursing really helped I would never be in pain. I curse even in my thoughts. Maybe the overuse has produced a duling effect.

I enjoy swearing just to color my language, as well as my delivery of jokes and insults.

I curse all the time Try not to in public at all or with people i don't know or elders etc. Geez with all the cursing i've done over the years, I should be feeling like a hundred bucks at least, lol.. overkill maybe

I still remember my favorite English teacher (who I had a severe crush on) and the attempt to drum it through our little heads that swearing was only the sign of a limited vocabulary and should be avoided at all costs. Yeah, so much for that.........when frustrated I let them fly, although usually only my cats have to hear the string of profanity.

Swearing kicks ass! I don't care who you are!!!

it is a release. just last night pain was so bad, i screamed, cried, don't think i even cursed. just verbalized. it didn't ease pain but gave a voice to it, an outlet. i was up all night, but it does help to vocalize.