If you want to work for a home health agency, then check with your state about which course you should take. For example, in CA, there is a certified nursing assistant (CNA) course but it prepares you to work in hospitals and nursing homes only. There is a separate home health aide (HHA) course that prepares you to work for home health agencies.

Keep in mind that if you want to work as a PCA (personal care attendant) through private hire situations (not an agency) you are not really required to have either in most states. It can be a plus for some employers, but not necessarily. We know that CNA/HHA programs for the most part do NOT teach the things that we need most from a PCA...dependability and reliability. We can easily teach the willing learner to do the care that we need done (bowel care, caths, dressing, transfers, etc.) but if the person is not reliable, trustworthy, and dependable, all of that is just a waste of time.