Thread: Corrections on commands using Dragon

Corrections on commands using Dragon

Could someone please tell mehow to make corrections on commands? For instance so you say "mouse grid" then (5), but Dragon thinks you said (file).

Thank you in advance
    Shamrock

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock88 View Post
    Could someone please tell mehow to make corrections on commands? For instance so you say "mouse grid" then (5), but Dragon thinks you said (file).

Thank you in advance
    Shamrock
    When you say five (file) what happens to MouseGrid, i.e. disappear? Any other problems with Dragon?

DNS 11 Pro
    Windows 7 Professional SP1
    Intel Quad core
    4 GB of RAM
    VXI Talkpro Xpress Headset
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Yes exactly, I say "mouse grid" and then the number 5, Dragon misinterprets this for "file", the file menu drops down and the mouse grid disappears. Another example would be I would say "mouse grid", and then the number 3, Dragon misinterprets this for "delete" and everything disappears. Another example would be I say "scratch that" and Dragon misinterprets this for the word "Scripture". I guess I just need a little help knowing how to correct (commands).

While dictating I understand well how to use the "correct that" command. Just a little uncertain with the command side of things.

Thanks for your help, genuinely appreciated
    Shamrock

I would suggest to try training these words in the Vocabulary Editor and see if that doesn't improve things. If that doesn't improve things I can only suggest that you have an audio problem or a dictation problem that is enabling Dragon to be confused and not recognise correctly. I'm not going to sit here and say that Dragon is perfect because it isn't, but I can repeatedly say all of those words that you have suggested without misrecognitions. The fact that they are commands is irrelevant as you would treat commands just the same as words that are being misrecognised, i.e. train them

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock88 View Post
    Yes exactly, I say "mouse grid" and then the number 5, Dragon misinterprets this for "file", the file menu drops down and the mouse grid disappears. Another example would be I would say "mouse grid", and then the number 3, Dragon misinterprets this for "delete" and everything disappears. Another example would be I say "scratch that" and Dragon misinterprets this for the word "Scripture". I guess I just need a little help knowing how to correct (commands).

While dictating I understand well how to use the "correct that" command. Just a little uncertain with the command side of things.

Thanks for your help, genuinely appreciated
    Shamrock
    Using Vocabulary Editor also crossed my mind. So, no matter what program you are using, when you say "five" it comes out as "file." The rest of what you wrote is understandable. You are aware of the "spell that" command. I would make sure that your microphone is placed in the proper position. I also would create a new user. If this solves the problem, then delete the old user. It would help if we knew a little bit more about your computer, etc. Take a look at the bottom of my first reply. If it was my computer, and I had tried the usual solutions for this type of problem, I would reinstall Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Make sure you have the serial numbers.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com