Thread: Press Release Advertising for leg bag emptier

Press Release Advertising for leg bag emptier

People with a Spinal Cord Injury Now Can Empty Their Urinary Leg Bag Without Assistance Using The PUMP™
    The PUMP™ is a new power wheelchair accessory enabling a person with a spinal cord injury to easily empty their leg bag directly into a toilet or urinal with a simple press of a button. It allows urinary leg bag users to increase their fluid intake without worrying they won’t be able to independently empty their leg bag later. In addition to allowing the user to empty their leg bag into any toilet or urinal, The PUMP user can reduce the size of their leg bag by increasing emptying frequency and empty the leg bag without any assistance.
    Seattle, WA (Vocus/PRWEB) April 12, 2011

Emptying a leg bag without assistance is often a major obstacle for an individual a with spinal cord injury. The new power wheelchair accessory - The PUMP™ http://www.wheelchair-freedom.com/ - from BIOTX Ltd. allows people with a spinal cord injury to independently empty their leg bag into a toilet or urinal at a touch of a button. Designed primarily for urinary leg bag users with tetraplegia or quadriplegia, The PUMP will also benefit those who are paraplegic and have difficulties in emptying their urinary leg bag. In addition to freedom, The PUMP offers several health benefits to the leg bag user.

By frequently empty their leg bag with ease, individuals using The PUMP are able to stay well-hydrated and drink as much as they desire – or the doctor recommends. This allows people with a spinal cord injury using a leg bag to avoid urinary tract infections caused in part by insufficient fluid intake. Proper hydration also is important for those with spinal cord injury to avoid hypotension. Fluid intake is no longer restricted for those with a urinary leg bag when using The PUMP because they can quickly and easily empty a full leg bag on their own. In addition, a full leg bag that cannot be emptied can cause Autonomic Dysreflexia (AD), and being able to avoid this potentially life-threatening condition offers users and their families welcome peace of mind.

read...

http://www.prweb.com/releases/New_Wh...web8285619.htm

Has anyone tried this? What are the pros and cons?
    Even though it's not well with my body,
    it is well with my soul.

Has anyone used this???

I have not used the pump, however I have used the wireless one from strawberry technologies called the freedom flow it works really well and does not require any installation to your chair
    C5 as of 6-13- 2010

How does the pump get the connection from under slacks, jeans or a skirt to the 'wand'? Does it effect transfers a lot?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I've used the Electric Leg Bag Emptier for over 7 years now and it works great.