Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 wheel drive wheelchair

4 wheel drive wheelchair

My husband is C5 and looking for a 4 wheel drive chair because we live in country..He keeps getting stuck in the mud or sticks gather under his tires. We have seen two chairs....Tracabout and Extreme 4x4. Does anyone have one of these chairs any feedback would be appreciated. The advertising makes them sound too good...through snow, water, hunting, hills...etc... We would appreciate any info

I have a Omega trac.It works well for me although the extreme is pretty cool as well I seen one in action at the sheperds spinal clinic.if you look on ebay you will see the omegs trac.If its not there just search the web for one.

i have a permobile trax that works great for me i have 28 acres of mixed terrain that i roam around on i tried the 4x4 extreme but preferred the permobile wished i would have known about the omega trak so i could have tried it see if you can demo the different ones before you buy

Mustang, What didn't you like about the Extreme? And what did you like more about the trax. Both appear to be a quality machine and I would like to purchase one of them. Any help from you would be appreciated.

the extreme did not seem to have the power that the trax did going up a hill in my back yard. the extremes motors over heated on the way up and i had to wait for them to cool to go on up.the trax has a much better ride and was more comfortable for me. the trax was also much faster and more controllable going down my gravel road.i really like the seat on the trax. hope that helps.

I'm currently trying to choose my next wheelchair and would enjoy any info on the best chair for indoors ans alot of outdoor use. I would like the Extreme 4x4 but it wouldn't turn enough to get into certain places I go. Are the Omega Trac chairs as strong or stronger in the motors as an Action Ranger?
    Just trying to get opinions because its such a major purchase in my case plus having to use it daily.
    I need good battery life but at the same time I need Torque. I live in the Ozarks; rough terrain.

Thanks

Andrew Kuster

Has anyone ever tried the Trac-about? That too looks pretty promising as an all terrain wheel-chair. I'd be a little leary about the track life. I'll bet there expensive to replace.

I've heard good things about the trax Mustang, I hope you have good luck with it.

Maybe I should just ask for a new spinal cord. Mine has a whole in it.

Dave W/

Originally posted by mustangc5:

the extreme did not seem to have the power that the trax did going up a hill in my back yard. the extremes motors over heated on the way up and i had to wait for them to cool to go on up.the trax has a much better ride and was more comfortable for me. the trax was also much faster and more controllable going down my gravel road.i really like the seat on the trax. hope that helps.
    Do you have the big or the small seat on the Permobile Trax? And is it working ok on snow and ice? I have only tried it on the grass.

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69.

i have not tried on snow and ice i have the big seat

Originally posted by mustangc5:

i have not tried on snow and ice i have the big seat
    I was just wondering if I shold order winterwheels to it, too, like the ones we use on the car is winter.

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69.