Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back Up Your Important Files!!!

I've often kept a few HD's I mirror and save as a back up . Does anyone use partition magic or partition their Hd's ? just asking ...

In over 20 years I really never had super big computer problems because of this old technique . Theres all sorts of ideas to make computers easier.

My Dad had corrupt files I kept all his files on a disk then re installed their junk on a new HD with larger capacity He is happy ..
    I live by this motto
    There always is away to do it !!!

GL

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    I've often kept a few HD's I mirror and save as a back up . Does anyone use partition magic or partition their Hd's ? just asking ...

In over 20 years I really never had super big computer problems because of this old technique . Theres all sorts of ideas to make computers easier.

My Dad had corrupt files I kept all his files on a disk then re installed their junk on a new HD with larger capacity He is happy ..
    I live by this motto
    There always is away to do it !!!

GL
    On my main machine I have two drives running a RAID 1 array (mirroring) for my boot and documents. That way, if one fails, I'm still GTG. Games and apps I have installed on other drives and couldn't care if I lost the drives (acronis backs them up), I can (and have) handle a drive failure there.

What some people forget though is that RAID is not a backup, I could lose both drives at once (rare)! I use it to keep any possible downtime to a minimum.

My servers run RAID 1 for the boot drives and RAID 6 for my data. I like the idea that I would have to lose 3 drives at once before I lose my data and have to do a restore.. It takes @12 hours to rebuild a 12Tb RAID 6 Array..ugg

It all comes down to $$.. at a minimum, I tell friends to buy an external drive and backup everything they can.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

my computer backs up to an external hard drive automatically, I upload most photos to facebook as well as burning photos to dvds every few months and storing them at my parents.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.