Thread: Applewood Smoked Pork Loin

Applewood Smoked Pork Loin

I smoked up a pork loin loin this weekend. The pork loin was sliced lengthwise and stuffed with chorizo sausage, onions, scallions and egg mixture then tied off every 3 inches. I smoked it using applewood chunks for about 3.5 hours at 225-250 until the pork reached 160. For sides I shredded sweet potatos and added them to a cast iron skillet in melted butter and topped with brown sugar and added the pan to the smoker for about an hour then stirred in 1/4 cup of tequila and smoked for another hour. Shredded up some cabbage and made some slaw usng mayo, BBQ sauce and cider vinegar. Boiled up some baby carrots and added a fruit salsa to top the pork. Everything came together well and it was a good feed for all!

Really nice pics ginol, a lot of good cooks on this site!

We have pork loin on the grill a lot in the summer. That looks really good. I'm glad to see we are not the only ones that think you have to practically burn the hell out of pork.

This is the hot new that I really attract. I will contact with you right now. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Mary!

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    We have pork loin on the grill a lot in the summer. That looks really good. I'm glad to see we are not the only ones that think you have to practically burn the hell out of pork.
    That is so true Linda. Too many people over cook the pork loin and tenderloins because they are lean. That is where a good meat thermometer comes in handy!