Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for cheaper Handcycle

Looking for cheaper Handcycle

I'm getting tired of strength training all the time try and stay in shape and need some cardio work. Starting lookng at these hand cycles and I should have known just like everything else we need the price is outrages. Please help me get going in the right direction in finding a cheaper bike.

Here's one on eBay I've been looking at- http://cgi.ebay.com/Topend-Handcycle...item27ba42bc19

Good price but too small for me as it's a 16x16"- maybe it'll fit you?

Looked at the one on Ebay. That is probably the oldest model of the Excellarator and very hard to transfer into due to the "cage" in the front.

It all depends on what you want in a bike. Can you transfer fairly easy, what's your level of injury? That is very important before buying one. We have some really knowledgable guys here who ride with different levels of injury. If the bike isn't right, you won't ride it.

Have you looked at the Vitaglide for cardio also. I use one in my training and love it. I find I can reach muscles that I couldn't otherwise work on my own. The cardio is great. I have the VG Pro and ustilize the heart rate monitor all the time with it. That's the key to using cardio equipment; utilizing a h/r monitor.

im selling an excellerator let me know if your interested
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Looked at the one on Ebay. That is probably the oldest model of the Excellarator and very hard to transfer into due to the "cage" in the front.
    Great point, Patrick. I didn't even see that. Think I was distracted by the price

So are handcycles are in the category of 'you get what you pay for' ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRing View Post
    Here's one on eBay I've been looking at- http://cgi.ebay.com/Topend-Handcycle...item27ba42bc19

Good price but too small for me as it's a 16x16"- maybe it'll fit you?
    I like it too , might be to small for me too i'm 5'11 -185...
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

You bet Blue, they sure are. For me, it's extremely critical to get the right bike and setup efficiently. Wrong bike can really mess up the shoulders big time in no time flat