Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone out there live by themselves?

Independent here I like my elbow room ( per Say ) Been stubborn and antisocial lol ages ...
    Drive on my own just do things @ my own pace , My Family wants me to move in with them but I feel they would kind of suffocate me as where they live is a tight community city style lifestyle neighbors 15 ft away the typical honeymooners shpeal lol
    I like my country life I feel it is healthier for me to do things when I want . plus my neighbors are far away lol acres

Sincerely Countrified ;
    GL

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    Independent here I like my elbow room ( per Say ) Been stubborn and antisocial lol ages ...
    Drive on my own just do things @ my own pace , My Family wants me to move in with them but I feel they would kind of suffocate me as where they live is a tight community city style lifestyle neighbors 15 ft away the typical honeymooners shpeal lol
    I like my country life I feel it is healthier for me to do things when I want . plus my neighbors are far away lol acres

Sincerely Countrified ;
    GL
    You're a strong lady, Judy!! I admire your incredibly positive attitude!! I still can't believe you are able to survive on so few T.V. channels--

it would b great if everyone included their level of injury not that they just live alone
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Hi Mac when I was 16 I broke my neck the first time ,Incomplete Quad Back then it took me years to recover some sort of happy medium , I relied on crutches etc...

I am a old schooled Motorcyclist alway's will be
    Then some years back In my Freak Motorcycle accident I Re broke my neck by the base of the skull high level , Had bone grafts and , plates , Broke my mid back had broke my left side of my body really screwed up my left arm and leg had 2 disks fixed in my mid back
    Punctured my right lung with broken ribs and crushed my left side of my body broke both hands , collarbone
    Ruptured my spleen My mid body twisted around 180 like a rubber band it was weird looking @ my body backwards but I survived it messed up my bladder and nearly tore my intestines apart . Was read my last rites in front of my Mom
    was in / out of a coma over 14 day's
    My spinal cord especially in my mid back has been through some feirce trauma

I have to be careful because if I get cut it can be deadly if I start bleeding . .
    Life to me is I just have to do whatever I want @ my pace to survive .

There is the lowdown

I am happy to be alive .
    This was very rough for me to express
    Lastly I dont know how to describe it because my accident was like watching a movie of life going in slow motion I still have serious nightmares .

My level of injury is like a rubberband .

Damn GL, thats some craaazy shit. Lucky to be alive.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Mac it was insane in the membrane as I say with a smirk of humor .

My mother said it was very bad , I just have a stack of medical papers ( Report ) and Faint memory after the surgery . Definitely the breathing machines and other medical gizomos keeping me alive were uncomfortable because I had hoses everywhere and about bit off my tongue , lower lip .
    I remember everything up to the accident . Somehow it is a good thing that I dont remember much while I was hospitalized . The Staff was awesome .

Took me a while ok long time to get to a happy medium but that stuff is the past and I live for the future .
    Recovery is a rough road but I like challenges . Especially with only 2 channels .
    Sometimes the headaches are like living in a can of scrambled eggs lol ....

Independence can be scary but why live in fear ? I decided that I am more comfortable @ my home out in the boonies . Makes me use my mind in different ways so I am always learning new way's to compensate . I have great friends who I can call if I need something special or help etc...

Now if only my calighraphy was better .....uuuugh
    Alway's
    GL

Family life is Great for many but for me I always felt like the black sheep this is why I dont want to ever feel like I am burdening anyone .

I've been living om my own since I was 19/20, now 26. I'm totally independent, but I've got a PA comming twice a weekend to give me a hand with cleaning and groceryshopping. I love beeing in my own place
    As for sleeping, as someone earlier in the thread, I've got some kind of a tempuric matress and with that I don't turn in bed during the night, and have never had trouble. (I'm c6/c7 complete)

Any quads that have only partial movement of their arms living by themselves? I should add that I am c4/c5 quad with only the use of my left arm. I live with my brother in my house, but he wants to move out, and live with his girlfriend. I don't want to leave my house, but I can't figure out how to live here by myself.
    Last edited by Willyg; 06-15-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willyg View Post
    Any quads that have only partial movement of their arms living by themselves? I should add that I am c4/c5 quad with only the use of my left arm. I live with my brother in my house, but he wants to move out, and live with his girlfriend. I don't want to leave my house, but I can't figure out how to live here by myself.
    yea, all i see are mostly incompletes living on their own. i`m a c3/c4 complete and i cant see a way to live on my own.
    C3-C4 complete quad
    since 1/2004
    "I don't fear death, only the method of dying"