Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Does anyone out there live by themselves?

I am a C 5 & 6 for many years I could trigger spasms by holding my breath to help me turn about 10 years ago I had a bone infection on my spine. Iy killed my spasms and what feeling I had left. Nowdays I use a Invacare Microair 95z to turn me at night.

Quote Originally Posted by reedyd View Post
    I am a C 5 & 6 for many years I could trigger spasms by holding my breath to help me turn about 10 years ago I had a bone infection on my spine. Iy killed my spasms and what feeling I had left. Nowdays I use a Invacare Microair 95z to turn me at night.
    I sleep on a roho mattress and lay on my back with my feet propped up on a large foam pillow and sleep/lay on it up to 12+ hours without getting red.
    As for living alone, unless I strike it rich, it's a pipe dream for me.

I am T-10 and lived on my own for 10 years before I got married in 2004. I turned myself and made it easier by getting a bed that had iron built in to the headboard. I take my knees and turn them in the direction that I am rolling and then grab my headboard and pull myself on over until I get in a comfy spot. I keep a pillow between my knees and feet and it just rolls with me. I go from side to side. Can't sleep on my back or stomach.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I have a regular matress with 3 inch memory foam and sheep skin to help protect my skin. Moving around in the night is important no matter what kind of mattress you have. I keep my legs propped up on 1 pillow with another pillow between my legs, a pillow to wrap my arms around and 2 more pillows under my head. My husband is amazed at how many pillows I use to sleep. lol.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I agree with Scott...unless you're rich you're not going to be living on your own after an injury (mine was c4/5 incomplete). I lay flat and use a roho overlay...being in bed w/out turning has been okay and hasn't led to skin probs...