Thread: Gel Cushion/pad for car seat after flap surgery..HELP

Gel Cushion/pad for car seat after flap surgery..HELP

Hello everyone,
    As I've mentioned before, I had ischial flap surgery on January 7th and I am looking forward to driving again in a few weeks. I want to get a gel cushion/pad for my car seat but I'm having a hard time finding one with the right measurements to fit in the base of the seat to prevent slidding of the cushion. The BACK of the seat base on the inside of the high lipped contour of the outer edge of the seat is 12in, the FRONT of the seat base on the inside contoured lip edge is 15 inches and the total seat base LENGTH is 19 inches. The TOP part of the contoured edge of the seat to the bottom part of the seat is 2 1/4 inches deep. I would like the cushion to be about 2 inches thick so that it makes for a smooth transition over the edge (lip) of the seat from my chair. I am most terrified of the transfers to the car since there is about a 20 inch gap to transfer over between my chair cushion over to the seat of the car. Does anyone know where I can get a cushion for the car made with the exact measurements I need?
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

wait over a foot gap? can u give pics? i just made my own cushion and cover with different layers of foam with the top layer being that memory foam stuff. that may be an option
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Blog Entries
    I bought a gel pad that was about 3/4" thick and was 18"x18". I just let the excess hang down over the edge of the seat. The problem with gel is that it holds heat in the summer and is really cold in the winter, and I seldom remembered to bring it in when I got out of the van.

You could get a supracor silver https://www.caremedicalsource.com/Br...Silver-Cushion and cut it (and the cover) down to fit the seat.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 22 years post injury

Seat pictures

Pictures of the seat.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

the supracor is a good idea too
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

roho will make u one any size, i use a 2" in the van..........they have a form on their website u fill out, but u can call them also, their nice and professional.....