Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: InVivo Therapeutics Presents Data on Novel Hydrogel Technology in Spinal Cord Injury

InVivo Therapeutics Presents Data on Novel Hydrogel Technology in Spinal Cord Injury

07.04.2011 16:23
    InVivo Therapeutics Presents Data on Novel Hydrogel Technology in Spinal Cord Injury and Neurosurgical Applications at 2011 AANS 79th Annual Scientific Meeting / Proprietary PEG-Based Technology Overcomes Limitations of Current Synthetic Biopolymeric Hyd

CAMBRIDGE, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/07/11 -- InVivo Therapeutics (OTCBB: NVIV), a company focused on the development of groundbreaking technologies for the treatment of spinal cord injuries (SCI), today announced that a poster highlighting data from a laboratory investigation of the company's injectable hydrogel technology for local, controlled-release drug delivery, is being presented at the 79th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), which is being held April 9-13 in Denver, Colorado.

The laboratory investigation, "An injectable thiol-acrylate poly(ethylene glycol) hydrogel for sustained release of small-molecule therapeutics in intraparenchymal and peridural application," was designed to evaluate the potential of a system of controlled chemical gelation for an injectable polyethylene glycol (PEG)-based hyrdogel that was designed to overcome challenges associated with existing synthetic polymeric hydrogels.

read...

http://www.finanznachrichten.de/nach...entifi-256.htm

Interesting... but essentially a press release. It's a poster, which means they have no data that is publishable. Let's see if they can actually do what the poster proposes.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.zapp View Post
    Interesting... but essentially a press release. It's a poster, which means they have no data that is publishable. Let's see if they can actually do what the poster proposes.
    So far everything they present is theory. They have no product bbeing trialed nor have they delivered anything. They have raiised money through the public offering an paid the CEO a hefty salary. His salary should be tied to results and performance and NOT hype.

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    So far everything they present is theory. They have no product bbeing trialed nor have they delivered anything. They have raiised money through the public offering an paid the CEO a hefty salary. His salary should be tied to results and performance and NOT hype.
    His salary can be whatever it likes. He is not using the SCI Community's monies. He is taking the biotechnology route. Why not question the salaries of all the other biotech CEOs that are brave enough to translate science this way? It's not as if CDRF and Rick Hansen are translating anything.

Another way of looking at his salary is that it could provide increased interest from top post-doc students/MBA's etc. in biotechnology. It shows that if you have a vision, are bold, and can connect and utilize resources of some top researchers, that there is money in the game. If anything, he's definitely generating intrigue and interest in regenerative medicine. I wish there were a dozen or so companies like Invivo trying similar approaches.

guys the whole system is --cked. I corresponed with the Reeve Foundation and asked why nothing has happened. The dildo guy wrote back and said it was only 30 years old. I said,30 years, you'll be retiring soon. these groups that find something then say it will be 10-50 years before human trials; I can't believe in it . Wise has to do his trials and put these poeple out of their misery and us out of ours.

keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    guys the whole system is --cked. I corresponed with the Reeve Foundation and asked why nothing has happened. The dildo guy wrote back and said it was only 30 years old. I said,30 years, you'll be retiring soon. these groups that find something then say it will be 10-50 years before human trials; I can't believe in it . Wise has to do his trials and put these poeple out of their misery and us out of ours.

keeping on
    Dildo guy - LOL!

fly, he is what he is; said it has been only 30 years. this is what we're dealing with. trials are coming no matter what.

dlldo guy

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    fly, he is what he is; said it has been only 30 years. this is what we're dealing with. trials are coming no matter what.

dlldo guy
    Quite so. Patience is a virtue, we should possess it if we may. ...but! Kennedy issued a promise to put man on the moon, and it was made so, as they say on the Starship Enterprise, and all in ten years. 30 years pales into smallness when measured against the life of general neuron regenerative research that began with Cajal in Spain, 150 years ago. It is against this backdrop that the nay-sayers make some points.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by chris arnold View Post
    ...but! Kennedy issued a promise to put man on the moon, and it was made so, as they say on the Starship Enterprise, and all in ten years.
    Going to the moon is 1st grade math compared to regenerating neurons in a clinically relevant manner.