Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many meals a day do you eat?

1-2 times a day, sometimes none for a day or two.
    usually get full fast.

5...snack is 6 th time,but not meal
    breakfast 9 am- oatmeal,banana,and blueberries or strawberries,water

lunch noon- grilled chicken breast, or can white tuna in water, brown rice, or 1/2 yam, asparagus or brocoli, baby carrots,small whole wheat pita,water

pre workout-3-4pm - peanutbutter/jelly sandwich on whole wheat

post workout 4-5pm- hard boiled egg or 1/2 chicken breast, handful of veggies(asparagus brocoli carrots)

dinner 8pm - 3 nights grilled chicken breast, 1 night-fish(salmon/tilapia), 1 night- a lean steak, 1 night-whole wheat pasta...sides - brown rice,yam,asparagus,brocoli,green beans,small whole wheat pita,water

snack 10pm- oatmeal squares (a cereal made from oats) very healthy
    - Rolling Thru Life -

Ryan's typical day looks like this:

Brunch (1 hour after waking up-not an early riser): either oatmeal w/blueberries, craisins, cinnamon, nutmeg and agave or egg burrito with two eggs, sharp cheddar, salsa, on whole grain tortilla.

Afternoon-after therapy-: Organic yogurt with fruit or apple or carrots

Dinner: Whatever I make. Includes Lean protein (lots of chicken or ground turkey in my house) whole grains and at least 2 veggies (1 may be tossed salad). Everything from scratch-no processed food.

Snack: Leftovers or yogurt smoothie with banana & berries.

--eak

Three big and two smalls. I try at least.

Today I did eat two slice of rye bread with clove cheese for breakfast, 2 tomatoes for a small meal, dinner roast pork, sauerkraut and vegetables, coffee with one rye bread again as a small meal, and now I have plans to eat the evening food, rye bread with mackerel in tomato sauce on.

I know it is too little food, but I want to loose but it is impossible. I eat the rye bread now because I got if from Finland two days ago and it is getting old but we use to eat at least two meals a day with some kind of sandwich and only one hot meal. And something small between as you call snack and we call middle meal.
    TH 12, 43 years post

After my small Breakfast I still kinda feel a little bloated

I've recently started juicing again. I usually use carrots, tomato, celery, spinach, apple and cucumber. The apple makes it sweet and yummy. It also helps me get the healing nutrients that I need. Anyone else juice or have some good juicing recipes?
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I usually start with a run to Duncan Donuts and get a Iced tes ( no sugar ) and a plain toasted bagle with butta,, then I dont know from there it is concidering if I get hungary or not , If I am out I might grab a bite with friends but if hanging around the house then I might not eat all day then might find a snack at night..I uaes to eat when bored so I was around 250 LBs but over the last year or so with all of the trouble with my personal life and all that crap I just dont have much of an apitite anymore. I might not eat anything but the bagel and tea for a day or so , I know that is not the right thing to do but I have become an oportunistice eater , if I am hungrey and it is around I eat , if not I dont..
    Not sure if that is part of a little depression going on with my breakup or also people that I have not seen in a while saying I look better since I have lost weight and I have been overweight for years and now getting to a resonable weight now I dont want to gain weight now.. I do try to get protein when possoble as well when snacking , not just a bag of chips but will get jerky or protien bars , I know the jerky is full of salt but I drink a lot of water to help flush a lot of that out..
    Gary

At one time I was eating twice, at times three meals but I think out of boredom lately I just been eating. Morning coffee with a half pack of crackers and in a 1hr cereal or 5 sticks of french toast. Dinner 10 bit size pizza pockets with a pie afterwards. Now at nite time I eat a sandwich with junk food. I think is a little of boredom and depression. Im not comfortable living under others roof and it makes me feel depress. Just dont have nothing in common but brotherly love. I feel he just housing me and he carry a ego and its like im not notice and if so, I feel more like a parrot. It sucks cause nobody comes here with EGOLISTIC is so wrap up in his life, that he cant see through one with the thick walls he has in front of him. I have no support group or friends that comes through. I go out around the nieghborhood and its ghettoed with beggers, drug addicts and I get to see people I have not seen in yrs. Thats my life and Im so waiting to get in a wheelchair access apt but its taking so long and I cant work on my goals without it. I live in the top 4 poorest crime infested city in this country. So imagine lndependent living center lol sad! Lazy! I been working on it solo writing congressman etc until im house. Life is lonely and I wish there was people my age close by with good will to get along with but until then I will keep my hopes up and keep my mind positive til the shackles are off.
    life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com

A great way to figure your calorie intake is to have your doctor place you on a Body Index machine and calculate your resting energy expenditure . This will then tell you how many calories you are burning sitting in the chair at rest. Once you know the magic number , split the calories up throughout the day. You can then add/decrease is you are active or want to loose some weight. It has helped me manage my weight over the past four years since my injury.

I usually eat once after work, about 4pm, drink pepsi's all day, guess that keeps me going til i eat, usually fast food, hamburger, fries, hot dogs, pizza, etc. no not healthy stuff
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan