Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Call me a wimp, I need gloves!

I use bike gloves and they are much cheaper in the US than here. As tight as possible as Amyk mentions. You need more than one pair because you have to wash them quite often. Sticky leader/plastic in the palm.
    I bought some really cute ones in Nashville.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I use a pair of fingerless deerskin motorcycle gloves from Fox Creek with my Natural Fits. (I have hub locks, so no pinched thumbs.) I glued a patch of deerskin on the palm (Tandy Leather), and absolutely love the result. Deerskin is washable (think chamois), very soft, stretches to fit your hands, and has great grip even when wet. They are not stylish, but are exceptionally functional.

When weather is really cold, I put a pair of lined deerskin mittens over them.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

i have a couple pairs of these :http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_228864 - they have loops between the fingers for easy removal

They were cute and only 1/3 of the price here. I hope they can send to Norway

No, they couldn't
    Last edited by woman from Europe; 04-07-2011 at 03:48 PM.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I have been using the Petzl Cordex rappelling gloves for 3 months and they are superb.

they are less than $30 most places and they are showing VERY little wear. in the previous 3 months, I went through 3 pair of FOX Motocross gloves, a pair of weightlifter gloves and some leather fingerless ones they gave out at the hospital.

in Alaska, we have had snow and Ice, and are now heading towards sping slush. I have found my gloves...

Ira

Gloves

I use weight lifters gloves that I get at Academy Sports, a sporting goods store.

I use weight lifting gloves with no fingers. they are inexpensive at walmart.

Weeeeell, I do only need them when traveling on the sidewalks. Indoors and I am fine. Outdoors and I have wimpy hands...

I had a pair of bike gloves but the no thumb thing was killing me.

I went to walmart and found baseball gloves! They have full fingers with a pad on the thumb and palm. They are Eastons...

Thanks everyone. You gave me such great ideas to look for something outside the box.
    Oli

You'll thank yourself for wearing them once you wheel thru a cowpie of dog stuff.

In the early days I had two cows that always got out. Came home one night and went to shoo them back in and of course felt that warm sticky feel of freshly laid cowpie. It was so dark that I had to raise my hand to see if it was. All I saw was umm rising vapor like whisps of freshly laid .... If I only had a set of goves on.

Worse thing was when I turned around and rolled thru it with my other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Worse thing was when I turned around and rolled thru it with my other hand.
    Ew! Worst for me was rolling through fresh duck droppings (small lake at condos, lots of ducks hung around). That stuff smelled worse than any dog or cow stuff I ever smelled. I couldn't use enough bleach!

For gloves, I generally use Hatch quad gloves with rubber palms. The rubber palms and my PushBlax hand-rims give me great traction.

Nothing wimpy about using gloves, btw.