Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wake Up Call !

That is such awesome news. I just healed from ischial flap surgery so I can appreciate how exciting that news must feel for you and your family. Congrats.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Judy I am fine, stupid thing was the light on the elevator was not even turned on so I hollared at our daughter to grab the flashlight instead of turning the dumb light itself on. It was really scary but once there was no blood and he could follow my finger with his eyes, we did have a laugh. Me and my daughter anyway. You gotta laugh or it will drive you crazy. After we got him back upstairs he was immediately tired and I wouldn't put him to bed for another three hours in fear the swelling was on the inside of the brain. And then I didn't sleep much at all that night just worrying but all in all its fine. He usually does back on to the elevator and drive off but for some reason he didn't this time. Not really sure as to why.

Glad no one got hurt by the screwdriver too, but seriously why does everything have to cost so much to repair when a simple screwdriver fixed it temporarily?

And thanks Bonnette.

One other time we had a near tip over. I was coming home from work, I am on the road across the street from our house. We live in a rural community. But I see David sitting close to the garden, way to close, he had gotten one of his wheels into the very soft garden and was slightly tipped. I could not get him out for nothing. I tried boards, the floor jack, everything. Neighbor wasn't home to help. So for the last resort before I called 911 I got a chain and my Jeep, hooked it up and pulled him right out. The only thing he kept saying is get that tomato. Don't forget that tomato, dang thats a big tomato. (and I hate tomatoes) But for him I got the darn tomato and made sure he ate every last bite!

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    One other time we had a near tip over. I was coming home from work, I am on the road across the street from our house. We live in a rural community. But I see David sitting close to the garden, way to close, he had gotten one of his wheels into the very soft garden and was slightly tipped. I could not get him out for nothing. I tried boards, the floor jack, everything. Neighbor wasn't home to help. So for the last resort before I called 911 I got a chain and my Jeep, hooked it up and pulled him right out. The only thing he kept saying is get that tomato. Don't forget that tomato, dang thats a big tomato. (and I hate tomatoes) But for him I got the darn tomato and made sure he ate every last bite!
    Oh, that is something else! Well, I hope he enjoyed that bloomin' tomato!

What a relief to come and find you all here - laughing in the face of near tragedy !

A little tip - I finished Bills wound off by using the Microcyn/Vetericyn stuff they talk about in the Care forum. I don't say this often - ever- but that stuff is f'ing amazing! My only regret is not finding it sooner !

Thank the stars for the humour we manage to find in our every day lives - and thank you all for being here ! {{{{hugs to all}}}}

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Confetti! Balloons! Party tooters! Hooray!!!

If I thought that the Cymbalta was making Ryan loose weight, I would start eating it myself. He has weened down his Gabapentin (sp?) to 600 mg 2 x a day and has take 1 60 mg Cymbalta for about 18 months. He also take Ultram (Tramadol) at 100 mg 1 x oer day for the bone pain he is still dealing with. Cymbalta and Ultram have caused a serious reaction in enough people that I have to tell the pharmacy every month that I am not worried about it. His doctors have all told me (ortho, pain doc and pcp) that they have never seen the reaction occur and between the three of them, have over 1000 patients currently taking the combo. His pain doc spent the time to tell us what to look for in a reaction and Ryan has been doing the combo for 18 months with no problem. He likes the Tramadol as it allows him to take much less of the narcotics. He has only needed about 5 doses of percocet in the last month.

Unfortunately, he has been on Cymbalta for even longer and has gained weight. This is probably because for the first 4.5 months after his injury, he could not eat food. He is also 19 years old and still measurably growing. He is not fat but is no longer the trim gut he was. Maybe he needs to work out more.--eak

Fantastic on the wounds healing! So glad he didn't damage anything with the fall.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Thanks for the 'mato story...I needed the laugh as we have found ourselves in the "stuck situation" many times...we live in the country too and one time we'd tried everything to get unstuck and a guy pulls in the driveway, ya know the ones with an extra load of gravel or paving black top left over from a job down the road..lol, he offered to help and we got unstuck...he never once tried to sell us his black top, he just wanted to get the heck out here...and we would have been a very easy sell...really agree with Mem!

Ha Ha, I don't know think about getting the chair stuck in the blacktop on a really hot day! Or even tracking in the tar from when you have to reseal it. Yuck!

Obie! I am so glad the wounds are closed! I know it's hard to let your guard down but it's such good news! It's time to pass the peace pipe in honor of Obie!

Sieg