Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wake Up Call !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wake Up Call !

Had to leave work to rush home - Bill called from his cell - he'd tipped over in his chair and he was on the floor. He uses his tip wheels because he's had a few close calls and has tipped back in his chair more than once. Trouble is he's put on a few pounds since his wound has healed - you know I've been so immersed in the "stuff" going on around here I don't even think I've made an actual anoouncement - that after a good 5 years all his wounds are finally closed ! Thank you Jesus .... but I guess I'll do a thorough once over after todays little incident !

Can't seem to let you guard down even for a moment - but on the other hand he got out for lunch even though he was up to his knackers in mud and yes his wound is finally healed - hope springs eternal and I think I see lilacs around the bend !

How's everyone else doing??

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Hooray !!!!!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

wonderful about the healing. what to do about tipping though? and dropping the extra.
    the neuro has given my cymbalta for nerve pain. he says you lose weight on it without even trying, and if you try to lose while taking it, you really lose. I dont know if that is true, or if he says that just to get people to take it though.

Do you think cymbalta will do that awesome. I am taking gabepentim and am thinking it is not working that well, I will ask my neuro when I see him next month.

Since my injury I am not as active and could loose a good 10 #. Let me know if it works.

Obie so glad hubby was nor hurt, but I bet it scared the crap out of you.
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

What wonderful news about the wounds healing, Obie - and I'm glad he got out for lunch, but not about the tipover, that must have been very scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone View Post
    How's everyone else doing??

Obieone
    Sweet deal, Obie, glad to hear it. I'm doing well with my present cathing to prevent UTIs, so all is good on my end. I also have some crazy CC members on Skype always making me laugh and vice-versa.

Oh Obie the tip over hope everything is ok with that too. I had a similar scare just the other night. We have a 8 ft. porch lift that I built a closet around to make an elevator, works great, however the other night I was folding laundry and David was heading down stairs, I hear this big loud thump and I hollar "David" and he says weakly "help" I literally jumped 7 foot down the elevator shaft. I say 7 foot because David only went down 7 foot, got tired of pushing the button, thought he was all the way down and decided to back off, the chair was on its backside and David had done a complete summersault (sp?) out of the chair and was laying facing the other direction. Scared the you know what out of me. I was afraid to move him in fear he was really hurt and he was not liking laying on the concrete basement floor. Few choice words were exchanged and then I eventually got him up and checked out. Everything was fine. Now we have this joke about he may not be able to walk but he is a hella gymnist Aww the fun this life brings.

Glad the sores are healed too. What a relief for you both.

Madmaddmother, what a scare that broken screw gave you - you're so right, the situations brought on by SCI are something else. Glad that fellow was there to help you out.

What a relief to come and find you all here - laughing in the face of near tragedy !

A little tip - I finished Bills wound off by using the Microcyn/Vetericyn stuff they talk about in the Care forum. I don't say this often - ever- but that stuff is f'ing amazing! My only regret is not finding it sooner !

Thank the stars for the humour we manage to find in our every day lives - and thank you all for being here ! {{{{hugs to all}}}}

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Confetti! Balloons! Party tooters! Hooray!!!