Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Good Online Dealer

Has anyone heard of this companyhttp://www.rehabideas.com// I'm a quad and looking at one of their products.

Last edited by myerstim; 01-02-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Fusion Medical in Saginaw, Mi is a great supplier for my monthly medical supplies. The company is owned and operated by a quad. They call me each month to ask if I am ready for my supplies, then UPS them. I don't know how they do it but I usually get them one day after the call. Fusion does have a website and sells all kinds of DME equipment including wheelchairs. Fusion supports a lot of wheelchair sports activities in this area as well. Their phone is 989-894-5906.

I think better to review the products and the one which carries more positives go with it as after we bought that we can use more comfortably!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    I've had great service with this online dealer out of Portland, Oregon.

Top quality customer care.

https://www.caremedicalsource.com/index.php
    Phooey. I just got nailed $91 COD brokerage fee into Canada on a $467 order made up of medical necessities. That has never happened when I order through SportAid. Considering my $6000 Lasher wheelchair only cost $400 to import from Alaska I find this outrageous. Live and learn...

Every time I get anything delivered by UPS from the USA I get hit with brokerage fees.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    Phooey. I just got nailed $91 COD brokerage fee into Canada on a $467 order made up of medical necessities. That has never happened when I order through SportAid. Considering my $6000 Lasher wheelchair only cost $400 to import from Alaska I find this outrageous. Live and learn...
    You ordered from these guys and you were charged duty? Or a brokerage fee? Was it UPS that delivered it? Because UPS are snakey f***s.

I've been charged brokerage fees going through Sportaid. In fact, though I regularly order through Sportaid, Sportaid always comes in at the highest shipping costs out of any other online medical dealer I order from. Is it out of their control? Somewhat, yes.

But I always make sure to NEVER use UPS or they'll charge a random made up ridiculous amount for brokerage fees. I always choose USPS if coming from the States.

I'm with you on on finding the charges outrageous. They burn my ass.

We just received a big UPS shipment (about $3000) from Sportaid and were charged $275 for shipping and no brokerage fees from UPS to the Netherlands. I did not find the shipping to be too excessive, because I know our parts probably came from about 5 different suppliers (Spinergy, ADI, Varilite, Supracor, D's Locks). We were charged for 6% VAT, which I was expecting. Luckily, we were not charged the high VAT rate of 21%, because I had asked Sportaid to write that it was wheelchair parts on the shipping papers.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    Every time i order from SportAid or any other similiar company from the States i always get them to write Medical Supplies or Wheelchair supplies on the outside. As you do not have to pay any duties or import fee's on medical supplies, works great for me.

Mooner

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    You ordered from these guys and you were charged duty? Or a brokerage fee? Was it UPS that delivered it? Because UPS are snakey f***s.

I've been charged brokerage fees going through Sportaid. In fact, though I regularly order through Sportaid, Sportaid always comes in at the highest shipping costs out of any other online medical dealer I order from. Is it out of their control? Somewhat, yes.

But I always make sure to NEVER use UPS or they'll charge a random made up ridiculous amount for brokerage fees. I always choose USPS if coming from the States.

I'm with you on on finding the charges outrageous. They burn my ass.
    You're post is 100% right Dave. Google'd "ups brokerage" and before I finished typing "ups brokerage scam" popped up. I've never been charged this when ordering from SportAid because they've always shipped USPS to me. Apparently there are ways around UPS's ridiculous charges but I think the easiest way is to just not use them.

And Mooner is right, Canadian duty doesn't get charged on medical stuff. Never had to pay it, even had Schwalbe write "wheelchair tubes" on a box once.

But as to the subject of this thread - Care Medical service was great, not their fault UPS scams us foreigners.

I've ordered from Sportaid many times w/o any problems. I love being one state from them because I get the stuff in like two days.