Thread: For those with Nuprodx 3000Tx - questions

For those with Nuprodx 3000Tx - questions

I just received my Nuprodx 3000Tx chair and have a couple of questions. I'm used to using a camping chair which sits a good bit lower so my feet were on the floor and knees high enough to make for a suitable position. The 3000Tx is a much easier transfer, plus the portability and construction. Do you normally use this over a toilet when traveling or a bucket? I like the idea of having both options in case the bathroom is too small to transfer onto the chair over the toilet but my main problem is with my feet. Do you elevate your feet with something to get into position? I know it would be different for all depending on height but even at over 6 ft tall, if I setup the chair at either my wheelchair level or over a toilet, my feet aren't firmly planted on the ground.

It feels like I need a good 6-8 inches of rise under my feet to be in a good position. Just curious as to how others may solve this. I would assume the options are to either put something under my feet to elevate them or lower the 3000Tx, which may negate the ability to use over a toilet.

Doesn't your 3000Tx have adjustable height legs? I seem to remember these coming standard on this chair, but perhaps you had to select that as an option. If yours do not, contact NuProdx to see if that can be changed.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Doesn't your 3000Tx have adjustable height legs? I seem to remember these coming standard on this chair, but perhaps you had to select that as an option. If yours do not, contact NuProdx to see if that can be changed.

(KLD)
    They are adjustable legs, but if you were to adjust too low then you wouldn't be able to sit over a toilet with it. Adjusting height to be over the toilet enough to do bowel program means feet off the front that aren't touching ground.

I have a 3000tx that has served me well for over 10 years now. I love the flexibility of the chair, but even at 6'02, my feet dangle when I'm over a tall commode. I usually put at least one of my feet on my manual chair's footrest. If I can get both, its a bonus. Some of the ADA compliant commodes are so dang high!

Edit- Nuprodx sells attachable, adjustable foot rests but they're kind of pricey.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16 View Post
    I have a 3000tx that has served me well for over 10 years now. I love the flexibility of the chair, but even at 6'02, my feet dangle when I'm over a tall commode. I usually put at least one of my feet on my manual chair's footrest. If I can get both, its a bonus. Some of the ADA compliant commodes are so dang high!

Edit- Nuprodx sells attachable, adjustable foot rests but they're kind of pricey.
    Thanks, I'm over 6' as well. I ordered my 3000tx from a different vendor than Nuprodx because it was cheaper. They did not list that as an option, but on the Nuprodx website it's on the price list. I just called them and ordered a pair ~$150. I'll update this thread when I get them and let you know if it's worth the money.