Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New T 4-5 complete

New T 4-5 complete

I was injured Nov 22 2010 in a car accident...fracturing my c2, and t4-7 along with many other broken bones as well. after about 2 months after my injury I started to get minor feeling back in my legs, but not much and it still comes and goes. Being 4.5 months post injury im quite new to all of this...especially dealing with the new lifestyle. I used to be an extremely active person so this is very hard for me, but I have got faith that I will walk again one day! Right now I am just looking for others to talk to that have close to the same injury as I do.

hiya! sry u joined the sci club but glad u found us. i'm c5-8 t2&3 incomplete quad. i'm also a student amongst other things lol
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

You've come to the right place, many people here have had similar injuries and can give you invaluable input. Best wishes for your rehab, and welcome to the forum.

Welcome

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum. You have come to a place where you will be able to have any question you have answered with compassion and concern. If you have questions concerning health issues our SCI nurse will answer you quickly with what you will need to hear, or you will hear from Dr. Wise with his wisdom.

I am a T5 complete from July 2005, (motorcycle accident). Although I am getting along in years I am new to the SCI community too. So I will help you out whenever I can as will the rest of us out here.

Sorry you had to join but glad you did.

Geoffrey

welcome

Sorry you were in a car accident, I was too Nov 6, 2010. I do not have same injury I am L1 burst inc.
    You have found a good site with lots of information and you will meet many good people here.

Wishing you a speedy recovery..
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Welcome, sorry you had to be here.

I am the mother of an incomplete C-2 that had crushed legs and internal bleeding as a result of his car accident on 3/18/2009. Ryan still plans to walk one day. His recovery is hampered by the orthopedic issues in his legs. He has full sensation and nerve firing. The bone issues continue to challenge him.

The point is, he has not given up. He continues to do therapy and follow up with the orthopedic doctor. In fact, we have an appointment tomorrow to see what the soft tissue damage in his right knee is going to take to help him walk. At the time of his accident, his legs we described as hamburger meat and corn flakes. The orthopedic surgeon was also not able to complete the reconstruction because of the other injuries and the time that Ryan has spent in the OR.

Every rehab journey is different. Every patient is different. I have actually had people try to tell my that Ryan needs to be re-evaluated because he functions better than a C-2. His injury will always be at C-2 and an incomplete injury. His diagnosis is Incomplete C-2, ASIA D with TBI (where the bone tip went into his brain stem). He has completed his first semester of college but is focusing on his rehab at this time.

You are not alone. There are many out here that can not only relate to your issues but can help you figure new ways of doing the things you are used to doing. There is nothing you cannot do, you just have to figure out how to do them.--eak

Welcome, you'vecome ot the right place. As a T6/7 complete for almost 38 years the main thing I can tell you is to stay positive and get as strong as you can. You probably have a lot to regain but they are just to weak to fire off.

Work the core and especially the weak muscles. I still gain in my strength and endurance by working my butt off. It's not that that the cord is healing, it's the way I train and use a trainer to maximize what I have left.

Get strong, you have to be ready for the return you'll get and be as strong as you can if they don't.

Glad you're here, there are many who were in the same boat and will help guide you back to your old you.

Thanks!

also t4

i am a complete t4. motorcycle accident sept. 2007. i have anger issues but my life is balanced because of my family especially my grandsons.

T5 complete. I agree with Patrick. One more thing is to learn to be proactive in how you sit and sleep, in order to avoid pressures sores. At your level, you should be able to avoid them completely with pressure lifts and turning in bed.

Good luck, and glad you found this website. It's the best there is on the Internet for people with spinal cord injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Welcome, you'vecome ot the right place. As a T6/7 complete for almost 38 years the main thing I can tell you is to stay positive and get as strong as you can. You probably have a lot to regain but they are just to weak to fire off.

Work the core and especially the weak muscles. I still gain in my strength and endurance by working my butt off. It's not that that the cord is healing, it's the way I train and use a trainer to maximize what I have left.

Get strong, you have to be ready for the return you'll get and be as strong as you can if they don't.

Glad you're here, there are many who were in the same boat and will help guide you back to your old you.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!