Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: supracor tens adj back-awesome

supracor tens adj back-awesome

ok been running mine since wedf. super easdy to mount very similiar to tilite back except the sweat ass layer of honeycomeb. i love it. full review next week
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    ok been running mine since wedf. super easdy to mount very similiar to tilite back except the sweat ass layer of honeycomeb. i love it. full review next week
    got some pics?

will get some up.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

how did you get one? they don't show on the supracore website yet. i need something different, seems i'm always having to tighten my Tilite w/straps.

I want to know where to get one as well. My Ti back is starting to wear out, and I don't want the weight of a hard back until I *have* to have one.

I switched to Supracor cushions at least 7 years ago, and I LOVE them.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrant27 View Post
    I want to know where to get one as well. My Ti back is starting to wear out, and I don't want the weight of a hard back until I *have* to have one.

I switched to Supracor cushions at least 7 years ago, and I LOVE them.
    they were just released at the seating symposium in nashville a couple weeks ago. ask your DME if he/she went there? it's not on the website yet. my local vendor said the are only available in a tall back, so if you run a 10-12" back, sounds like outta luck. John can't respond and we won't get to see any pics. since he got suspended from here

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    they were just released at the seating symposium in nashville a couple weeks ago. ask your DME if he/she went there? it's not on the website yet. my local vendor said the are only available in a tall back, so if you run a 10-12" back, sounds like outta luck. John can't respond and we won't get to see any pics. since he got suspended from here
    @jschism: Maybe John could forward pics to you (or Scott) and you could post them here.

@Julie: Have you ruled out getting an ADI carbon fiber back?
    Last edited by stephen212; 04-08-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Doh! Tall only! Too bad. Maybe they're coming out with something else for those who use lower backs.

My DME is the slowest DME I've ever worked with (I'm on a 4 month wait currently for my cushion). I won't confuse him by asking anything else until it gets here.

Thanks for your response, Jschism.

Stephen - I'm still thinking about getting a carbon fiber back - do you know if insurance companies are likely to cover them? I have two (Medicare & private), and in the past when Medicare wasn't forced to be my primary I got everything I wanted covered. Now it seems like they're MUCH pickier (at first I didn't even qualify to get a supracor cushion, although they've bought 2 for me in the past).

I just had my chair weighed, and it weighs 30 pounds! I think it's partially the fault of my underchair bag, it's pretty heavy (very little amount of stuff in it, the bag itself weighs a lot). I plan to do some design work this weekend and see if I can construct something better. Frog legs & natural fit handrims upped my total # quite a bit. It's tough, because all the extras (including the D's locks) make my wheelchair experience much better. Stupid heavy stuff. :-(

Julie -- I have gotten reimbursed for an ADI backrest. It's important to know the HCPCS code (if there is one) when submitting a claim. However, not every item has a dedicated HCPCS code, in which case you need to use one of the miscellaneous codes.

Dale may have the most expertise with this, so maybe he can chime in.

HCPCS E0982
    (Wheelchair accessory, back upholstery, replacement only, each)

HCPCS K0108
    (items not otherwise specified)