Thread: Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month

Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month

I didn't even mean to write this. If you read my blog, you can ignore this.

March is Cerebral Palsy Month

So enjoy.

Dear Cerebral Palsy,

It has been almost 16 years since you made yourself known to my family and me; 16 years since we learned the terms brain injury, spasticity, tone, tendon lengthening, rhysotemy, Early Intervention, special needs, standing frame, wheelchair, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and so many more.

Because of you I can't walk. Because of you I struggle with balance.. Because of you my muscles are always tight.. Because of you I now have a screwy shoulder. Because of you I have some seriously complex visual difficulties that I barely understand.

Does it make me mad at you? Sometimes. Do you make me sad? Sometimes. Do you make me frustrated? Usually on a daily basis.

But, because of you I am me. Because of you I have met some wonderful therapists and doctors that I will NEVER EVER be able to adequately thank for everything they have done. Because of you I am happy about every little step forward. Because of you I want to be an OT and I want to help people; I want to be the best person I can be despite my challenges.

Because of you I BELIEVE in miracles and have faith. Thank for all the disguised blessings you have brought into my life.

Your Grateful Owner.

u know i really just want to give you a huge hug!! keep up your attitude and you will go far!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

awe thanks .

p.s it occured to me it isn't March anymore. whoops.

Jessica, that kind of open-hearted acceptance of one's circumstances - the ability to see them as raw materials - is exceptionally wise. Thank you for sharing this open letter to an aspect of your human experience that is in some senses incomprehensible, but approachable nonetheless. Many blessings to you.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliegirl2010 View Post
    awe thanks .

p.s it occured to me it isn't March anymore. whoops.
    lol noooo! ur too young to forget what month it is lol no worries. sometimes i forget what day it is. happens to the best of us
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/