Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 105

Thread: 'Slut-walk' in Toronto

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    8,152
    We allow companies to advertise this to our children:

    http://edition.cnn.com/2011/BUSINESS...rsy/index.html

    Then buy the Chris Brown CD's that lets our girls know exactly what men think of them...I am honestly surprised they let him perform after the broken window. He has a major anger problem.

    Yes rape is about anger/control and has nothing to do with sex!!!!!

    Yet the girl attracted those kinds of comments by wearing what society and media advertised to them as evidenced by the billions spent on "sex sells" and the models get younger and younger. The clothes get skimpier and smaller.

    I guess I am confused here?

    The officer's remarks is NOT and should never be justified no matter how he phrased it.

    I am not replying to any particular poster...just my thoughts.

    Having had to say no to clothes and CD's that just did not represent my morals was never easy...

    The media just wants us to spend money.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

    My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

  2. #12
    Senior Member JEAPOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ARCHBOLD, OHIO
    Posts
    542
    I also was appauled to see Chris Brown on Dancing with the stars, so he appologized to media and then broke window, He definately has anger problems, and what message is that sending to our young girls.

    The media has put the idea into much of the teenagers if you are skinny, dress sexy, and wear daisy duke shorts you will be popular, then add in all the hair extensions, makeup and a cell phone that is so modern the parents about grow broke trying to make there child happy.

    I have grandchildren 5 of them teenagers and it is a hard line because all the other kids dress like that (my girls said that too) so I applaud any parent who acts like there parent and not like there best friend. Keep the communication line open with the kids out there if you don't talk someone else is going to.
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

    Live Well--Laugh often

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post

    The officer's remarks is NOT and should never be justified no matter how he phrased it.
    Because of course if we just ignore the fact that there are sick people out there who do evil things based on impulse then the problem will just magically go away. Got it.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    8,152
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Because of course if we just ignore the fact that there are sick people out there who do evil things based on impulse then the problem will just magically go away. Got it.
    Is that what I said in that sentence? LOL and no it doesn't magically go away. Chris Brown for one should still be in jail and he should face additional charges for the window but he is a celebrity and we know how that blows...LOL

    the Toronto police told a group of students at a campus safety information session that they could avoid assaults on campus by not dressing like a slut.
    http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...TorontoNewHome
    Maybe LEO's just shouldn't spout off at the mouth and insinuate that all people who are assaulted are sluts?

    Because I am sure "sick people" really don't care whether the person is wearing a turtle neck or a tube top right? if its all impulse as you say?
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

    My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,563
    Blog Entries
    1
    ......

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,563
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Because of course if we just ignore the fact that there are sick people out there who do evil things based on impulse then the problem will just magically go away. Got it.
    Indeed. So wearing jewelry is stupid because you are asking to be mugged. Going out in public as a quad in a wheelchair is stupid because society is full of crackpots waiting to victimize someone over whom they perceive a power advantage. "You really should have known better."
    Last edited by Random; 04-03-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking John's crockpot

  7. #17
    can't really say for sure what tburst may have meant--but I think the man who made the statement ACTUALLY believes, that if woman did not stimulate the "impulse", then they would be safer.

    So he said, don't dress that way--and you won't get targeted.

    So it is an unevolved way of thinking..in the Movie documentary Neda about the woman killed in Iran..(everyone should watch it is is very enlightening on many levels.) it was told that woman deemed too "pretty" were assaulted as they brought out the "impulse" by their looks alone. Iran snipers would shot them in the crowd as they "made them" feel evil thoughts and not close to their God.

    SO the point of the walk is to state, that even if we are in a nudest camp.wearing bikini's, or dressing in a manner which shows we embrace our sexuality,.the impulse to RAPE is based on anger and hate and control..and that is what needs to be addressed..not the "impulse" or wrongly perceived reason that may be underlying.

    Bottom line is most men don't see a sexy girl even in the most skimpy outfit..and even imagine raping her.they imagine sex with her, but not forced...and a angry bitter evil man will rape regardless of what a woman wears.

    NO?
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    whether we like it or not sick people are out there looking to prey on us. the easier the target,the more attention the target attracts the higher the chance of being involved. sick bastards rape nuns in full nun attire and 95 year old patients in retirement homes.

    then there are the garden variety "nicest guy you ever met" sickos,you know the date rape types, who are driven by some sick need to prove that they are gods gift to women. they would tend to single out their target based on what they feel will bolster their manhood-sexiest,smartest,best lineage and so on. closely related to these sickos are the advantageous scum bags, those that think maybe she's drunk enough that she wont remember or even better she is so drunk that she can't even speak to say no.

    either way drawing too much attention to yourself is not a good idea unless you are sure of your surroundings and have a very big well armed gay male bodyguard escorting you for the night.

    unfortunately i like women who are dressed a little risque, but i think my right to see women dress slutty and a woman's right to dress slutty might not out weigh the risk involved.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    either way drawing too much attention to yourself is not a good idea unless you are sure of your surroundings and have a very big well armed gay male bodyguard escorting you for the night.

    unfortunately i like women who are dressed a little risque, but i think my right to see women dress slutty and a woman's right to dress slutty might not out weigh the risk involved.

    I see what your saying but the issue is Do men rape because they are turned on sexually? i.e the "slutty" clothing. It is not sexually pleasurable to rape--it takes force and violence and immense struggle..and while they may ejaculate...that is not the purpose of the act. The purpose of the act is to dominate--to hurt to let out repressed anger hate. and control.

    I mean even in prehistoric times where men were said to "hit the woman over the head and drag them off"..that is not entirely factually true. Men were loving and felt love and protection for woman. Sex was and is more fulfilling when reciprocal.

    So we can not walk down a dark alley alone even if we were wearing full clothing. We may still be victimized.

    So it would appear that while the cloths may make a man sexually aroused..it is NOT the cloths per se that makes him choose to rape.

    Anymore than it is the child simply being a child that makes a pedophile act.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Indeed. So wearing jewelry is stupid because you are asking to be mugged. Going out in public as a quad in a wheelchair is stupid because society is full of crockpots waiting to victimize someone over whom they perceive a power advantage. You really should have known better.
    I have altered my behavior because I am in a wheelchair and cannot defend myself like I could have when I was AB. My point was this, there are things you can do to lessen the likelihood of you being victimized. I would not have phrased that sediment the way that cop did, but daisey said "no matter how he phrased it". There are times and places where it is dangerous for a woman to dress provocatively, just as there are times an places that are dangerous to be if you are getting money out of an ATM and you are a 46 year old male in a wheelchair. That is all I was saying. I don't know who Chris Brown is, was not commenting on any part of that discussion.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 07:05 PM
  2. Toronto
    By christopher in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 07:28 PM
  3. Little slut Paris ...
    By jccarolina in forum Life
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 10:19 AM
  4. Toronto
    By Tara in forum Life
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 07:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •