Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you wear an above the knee skirt w/o looking like a *$&^@?

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Live a little; when wearing a skirt, go commando. That's how I roll.
    Lol. So now I'm picturing you rolling along in a skirt...

i wear leggings or tights (lightweight) in a cool color to contrast the skirt. but i usually just dont wear anything flouncy. mostly denim or pencil style cut skirt so it stays in place
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by loreo View Post
    Lol. So now I'm picturing you rolling along in a skirt...
    Don't forget the lipstick... a nice skirt requires a nice shade of lipstick
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I wear tights with skirts or dresses, but the hemline still rides up so I just reposition when I notice and always try to wear underwear that provides more coverage like boyshorts. If I accidently flash someone when transferring, I figure the likelihood of seeing them again is pretty slim so I dont worry too much about it. Just wear cute underwear!

Blog Entries
    This thread is giving me flashbacks to a nearly horrifying episode of exposure in an early wheelchair day. I actually was headed to our rally in NYC, and I thank every force in the universe that I looked in the mirror before leaving the house and saw a straight shot up my straight skirt – almost kneelength, but in my chair at the time my knees would fall open. So now I've become a bit dowdy in long skirts, but I'm thinking this summer I might try using the strap they gave me at therapy for keeping my knees together. It's just a beige soft strap – off the roll cut to length with a little piece of Velcro stuck on so you can tighten it to varying levels. I've always worn it just above my knee, but will try it higher. But if that doesn't work I'm thinking that it showing below the skirt won't look much worse than my whole engineered set up, and certainly much better than the straight shot up my skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    This thread is giving me flashbacks to a nearly horrifying episode of exposure in an early wheelchair day. I actually was headed to our rally in NYC, and I thank every force in the universe that I looked in the mirror before leaving the house and saw a straight shot up my straight skirt – almost kneelength, but in my chair at the time my knees would fall open. So now I've become a bit dowdy in long skirts, but I'm thinking this summer I might try using the strap they gave me at therapy for keeping my knees together. It's just a beige soft strap – off the roll cut to length with a little piece of Velcro stuck on so you can tighten it to varying levels. I've always worn it just above my knee, but will try it higher. But if that doesn't work I'm thinking that it showing below the skirt won't look much worse than my whole engineered set up, and certainly much better than the straight shot up my skirt.
    I am a bit absent minded especially when I am at work and thinking about some technical problem. I went to cath, got my catheter, extension tube, lube pack, benzo wipe, purell out. spread the wash cloth I have over my knees to keep from getting lube on my pants. Purell hands, take out junk, benzo wipe, drain lizard, remove cath, put it back in the package (makes it easier to throw away) return extension tube, and wash cloth to my little bag, rearrange my shirt (I have to move it out of the way as well), wash hands, head back to desk. Totally forgot to put my junk back in my pants. It was mostly covered by my shirt but he was poking out like a periscope for about an hour before I noticed. Thank god I just was sitting at my desk and didn't have any meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I am a bit absent minded especially when I am at work and thinking about some technical problem. I went to cath, got my catheter, extension tube, lube pack, benzo wipe, purell out. spread the wash cloth I have over my knees to keep from getting lube on my pants. Purell hands, take out junk, benzo wipe, drain lizard, remove cath, put it back in the package (makes it easier to throw away) return extension tube, and wash cloth to my little bag, rearrange my shirt (I have to move it out of the way as well), wash hands, head back to desk. Totally forgot to put my junk back in my pants. It was mostly covered by my shirt but he was poking out like a periscope for about an hour before I noticed. Thank god I just was sitting at my desk and didn't have any meetings.
    OMG! Hilarious...at least looking back.

The bolded bit in particular nearly set me off on a coughing fit. (I'm just getting over a cold).

I did this a few times when I was younger, mainly at bars when I was half hammered. It's kind of strange to have a good lookin' gal come up to you and tell you your pecker's giving everybody a free show.
    Totally forgot to put my junk back in my pants. It was mostly covered by my shirt but he was poking out like a periscope for about an hour before I noticed. Thank god I just was sitting at my desk and didn't have any meetings.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I did this a few times when I was younger, mainly at bars when I was half hammered. It's kind of strange to have a good lookin' gal come up to you and tell you your pecker's giving everybody a free show.
    Did they laugh at your shortcomings?