Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you wear an above the knee skirt w/o looking like a *$&^@?

Quote Originally Posted by My395 View Post
    I have always kinda wished kilts were in style for us guys
    utilikilts

But back to topic here ....

My legs used to be clamped together, but a not so helpful side effect of getting my spasms under control, is that my legs are looser. I basically only wear skirts that cover my knees. I usually go for the fuller ones, but get all twisted while transferring. I will have to re-think shorter straight ones, I bet they will help with the twisting issue.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    I DO tie my legs together with a cloth belt...not tight, just enough to keep them from splaying, or showing my crotch. It's easy to put on, take off, and if I'm in the skirt for hours, I can slip the belt up, or down an inch to take pressure off the same spot. If you see a picture of me in a short skirt, or dress, you can be sure my legs are belted together under it.
    ditto
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

At work I avoid anything that's more than an inch or two above my knee when seated. At that point, or when I wear something shorter outside of work, I wear a pair of yoga shorts underneath. It doesn't add any "heft" to the look and provides piece of mind for those windy days...

feisty, if people want to stare at your balls, I say let'um.

what kind of clothes does everyone find easier to wear when your in a chair

Live a little; when wearing a skirt, go commando. That's how I roll.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by loreo View Post
    At work I avoid anything that's more than an inch or two above my knee when seated. At that point, or when I wear something shorter outside of work, I wear a pair of yoga shorts underneath. It doesn't add any "heft" to the look and provides piece of mind for those windy days...
    Had not thought of this. Windy days are my nemisis. I love above knee skirts but with my gait and then holding on to the cane, I don't have another hand to lasso a skirt. It sometimes ends up above my head.

I just gave several of my skirts away because of that reason. I tend to leave them in the closet.

I especially like the lighter feeling skirts as a heavier fabric defeats the purpose of wearing a skirt to be cool in the summer...but heavier fabric tends to blow up and show the privies LOL

Gees fashion fo paux (spelling?) LOL
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I do the you shorts also.

On one very windy day I tried keeping a purse on my lap, but when that didn't work well enough I resorted to gluing my skirt to my pantyhose in the ladies' room. (Had to cut up/throw out the pantyhose later.) If I knew I'd be in that situation again, I'd rig up some kind of hem on the inside of the skirt to clip on to a hidden strap.

The pencil skirt is a good solution too. It never gets caught in the wind or wheels and it's very svelte.