Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you wear an above the knee skirt w/o looking like a *$&^@?

How do you wear an above the knee skirt w/o looking like a *$&^@?

lol,

but seriously?

ladies?
    I have skirts that I wore with leggings/boots etc this winter that I'd like to wear in spring, (since they are NOT too short, but barely at or above the knee) any suggestions as to how to do this without feeling like I'm advertizing? Maybe it just feels weird to not have your legs crossed?

help me out here! what are you guys doing, since you wear dresses all the time..........
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

I say go for it! I wear short skirts and dresses often, and I am not flashing anything (unless I want to
    Incomplete T-12/L-1

No idea, Feisty, but glad you asked. I'm breaking out the skirts this year and have wondered the same. A skirt will be lots cooler given the crazy hot temps and humidity we get here.

I had the same question. My legs don't stay as closed as they need to be while riding around in a skirt. I thought about straping them closed under the skirt but don't want a pressure sore from it. Would love to hear what others do.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I cross, and uncross a while, and cross again over the other leg....mostly crossed..I know I know..but I change them alot and wear skirts all the time..

If I would not or could not cross..then..the only solution is to wear flouncy skirts that can be tucked in a bit between the legs..and save the straight short skirts for the tights or capril leggings?

speaking of skirts..ebay got the best of me today!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

I use skirts and dresses as often as it is hot enough. My feet are keeping together in the chair, put a short tights to your knees if you don't feel comfertable. I don't understand why the women have so wide chairs that the feet are falling apart.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I go just above the knee. for my shortest skirts, and calf length.

usually I only use the short skirts at fest, because of my leg braces. its ok to look silly at fest so I dont give a crap how it looks.

the just above the knee skirts worked ok for when I was still using a chair all the time, because the skirt may ride up a little. be careful not to get sunburned on your knees and thighs, ouch I still remember my blistered knee's!

I cant wear sexy shoes with my maffo's, but if I were in a chair more I would have some cute sandals and painted toenails with my shorter skirts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    lol,

help me out here! what are you guys doing, since you wear dresses all the time..........
    I have always kinda wished kilts were in style for us guys
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Quote Originally Posted by My395 View Post
    I have always kinda wished kilts were in style for us guys
    Make it yours and rock it if that's what you want. Own it.

Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    I had the same question. My legs don't stay as closed as they need to be while riding around in a skirt. I thought about straping them closed under the skirt but don't want a pressure sore from it. Would love to hear what others do.
    I DO tie my legs together with a cloth belt...not tight, just enough to keep them from splaying, or showing my crotch. It's easy to put on, take off, and if I'm in the skirt for hours, I can slip the belt up, or down an inch to take pressure off the same spot. If you see a picture of me in a short skirt, or dress, you can be sure my legs are belted together under it.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama