Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Power Chairs vs manual chairs for Paras : opinions, experience?

another pic

oops, earlier comment wrong. both arms down here.

close up of brackets on joystick side

these mods all made at quickie (sunrise medical) on brand new chr. last 3 chrs had these. i just flip em up a lil or all the way. no latches, nothing.
    Last edited by cass; 04-21-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    If you can email them as an attachment I will post them here for you.
    On my phone I open the pic, push menu button, share, choose email program, send.
    ty! just needed to kick my kid! figuratively...

Quote Originally Posted by lance30276 View Post
    What is the measurement front to back on that p222se?
    that is a good looking chair........
    Is that camo finish dipped or painted on?

thanx, lance
    It measures 43 inches front of footplate to the back of the rear anti-tip caster.

I don't know what process they use for the Mossy Oak finish, but it is completely smooth and has absolutely no gloss to it at all. It appears to be identical to the mossy oak finish applied to hunting gear.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    The camo color is like a film that floats on the top of a tub of liquid. The product is slowly lifted up through the film and it completely covers the object. I was very surprised when I saw it done on TV. Nothing at all dripped or fell off the item when it left the liquid.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

[QUOTE=buegerman;1354524]>>> I think if a operson could transfer to a car from that chair, they wouldn't need a pc.lol

I'm not sure I agree with you on this one, as there is a big difference between being able to transfer and being able to push in any meaningful way. There is also a big difference between trying to transfer in a driving rainstorm or howling blizzard, none of which I have to worry about because my powerchair takes me up the ramp and into my van, where I can take whatever time I need to transfer without freezing in place.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    It measures 43 inches front of footplate to the back of the rear anti-tip caster.

I don't know what process they use for the Mossy Oak finish, but it is completely smooth and has absolutely no gloss to it at all. It appears to be identical to the mossy oak finish applied to hunting gear.
    i know you can't see the paint job in my pics as they aren't clear, but mine was done in layers. black, blue, gold. it really looks nice. also, that's a jay back on mine so looks bit diff from other pic of stock chair (along with customized armrests). they charge you something like 250 (?) for these specialized paint jobs, btw.

also, i don't have the footplate but swing away footrests. i prefer those.

>>>> [QUOTE=buegerman;1354524]>>> I think if a operson could transfer to a car from that chair, they wouldn't need a pc.lol

That wasnt me! I am of the opinion that ALL wheelchair users benefit hugely from a powerchairs if their "system" induced brainwashing allows them to try. And it opens life up to them! But sadly most powerchairs are crap. Too hard to control, no power, too heavy, too long, and often too wide. Almost always too unweildy in small places.

Hence I build my own. As compact as possible (25.3 x 37.0 including everything), with some smooth riding real outdoor abilities, and now with lithium power and 15 mph and 45 miles of real world range... as here!

Newer mk3 unfinished as of today:
    http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/BM-M...powerchair.htm

Older mk2 version - slower and pre lithium...
    http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/ulti...powerchair.htm
    No I dont sell these, I build them in my bedroom! Burgerman.

I have a forum and there are others building similar chairs and modyfying others over there.

Burgerman

I just bought one of those 2stroke stand-up scooters you see kids riding around town. I do a quick little wheelie over the motor and line up my foot rest on top of the scooter footrest and off I go with handle bars and brakes. Goes almost 30. This is my answer to the electric chair.

Sci-otr, that 43" is at the longest adjustment though, right? Do you know the shortest possible, and what seat depth is that with? Would it be better to measure to the front of the casters, as the base is the same but seat/footrest depth vary?

[QUOTE=buegerman;1357040]>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by buegerman View Post
    >>> I think if a operson could transfer to a car from that chair, they wouldn't need a pc.lol

That wasnt me! I am of the opinion that ALL wheelchair users benefit hugely from a powerchairs if their "system" induced brainwashing allows them to try. And it opens life up to them! But sadly most powerchairs are crap. Too hard to control, no power, too heavy, too long, and often too wide. Almost always too unweildy in small places.

Hence I build my own. As compact as possible (25.3 x 37.0 including everything), with some smooth riding real outdoor abilities, and now with lithium power and 15 mph and 45 miles of real world range... as here!

Newer mk3 unfinished as of today:
    http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/BM-M...powerchair.htm

Older mk2 version - slower and pre lithium...
    http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/ulti...powerchair.htm
    No I dont sell these, I build them in my bedroom! Burgerman.

I have a forum and there are others building similar chairs and modyfying others over there.

Burgerman
    Ooops. Sorry about the confusion. I agree with your stance completely, and the chairs you are making look fantastic. I would love to get one someday!